Dabo: UGA-Clemson on Labor Day?
Posted: 21 January 2013 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  478
Joined  2011-04-22

Dabo told USA Today’s Dan Wolken that the UGA-Clemson could move to Monday. The ACC has had a Labor Day night in seven of the last eight years.

Would obviously be favorable to Clemson but Georgia plays South Carolina on 9/7. Been looking at some scenarios of moving games around so that UGA could have 9/7 off, but kind of doubt it comes to fruition. Georgia has said they’ve heard nothing about potentially moving the game.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 21 January 2013 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2012-05-17

Yeah I saw that mentioned earlier.  I personally prefer not to play on labor day and I would hope that they would try to keep this on Saturday.  I’ll bet the Chik-fil-a kickoff bumps us back to Monday though as they are “paying customers” so to say.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 21 January 2013 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5546
Joined  2008-10-29

I’d prefer not to play then too, leave that to FSU they enjoy it….lol

However maybe UGA will come in overlooking us in anticipation of the SC game since SC has embarrassed them lately.  Could work to our favor?

Signature 

2014 BCS Orange Bowl Champions
Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

“First team from the state of South Carolina to win a BCS bowl” - Dabo Swinney

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 21 January 2013 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  498
Joined  2009-07-04

The SEC hosed UGA on the schedule, which is normally what we see the idiots at the ACC home office do to us. I do think the Dirt Peckers will be weaker on defense in 2013 so UGA catching them early may help.

I don’t want to play on Labor Day; geez, let’s keep a little sanity in college football.

Posted: 21 January 2013 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Oh they still got us, remember the switch from 8 games to 9 games and back again?  Screwed us, made us drop some big names and now we play two FCS teams this year.

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 21 January 2013 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  498
Joined  2009-07-04

you’re right Clem - wonder if the Tarholes got any favorable scheduling…. hum…...

Posted: 21 January 2013 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2012-11-28

That would completely suck if true. I hope they don’t let this happen. Facing SC on a short week is not conducive to success.

Posted: 21 January 2013 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1925
Joined  2009-09-09

I could overlook at lot of things about UNC if they would be so kind as to take out USCjr in their opener.

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 21 January 2013 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  790
Joined  2013-01-17

Well generally I’ll take what I can get in terms of helping Clemson win but I would probably rather have it on Saturday.  Plus screw that it’s probably gonna be GAMEDAY and that means it has to be on Saturday.  We need that hype to get our fans and incoming freshmen riled up for the season.  Its the first week of the season they will have plenty of time to be ready if its on Saturday or Monday.  If I were USC I would hope its on Saturday but I don’t think it will happen.

Signature 

Disclaimer:  Until the season starts all comments are large assumptions based on biased reporting sources.

Posted: 21 January 2013 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  238
Joined  2008-10-05

Regardless of when it is played, this has “Game of the Year” potential I believe.

Posted: 21 January 2013 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

haha good luck getting ESPN to dub a non SEC v SEC game “game of the year”.  At the very least we know it won’t be game of the century because the SEC had two of those two years ago.

Signature 

Disclaimer:  Until the season starts all comments are large assumptions based on biased reporting sources.

Posted: 22 January 2013 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1925
Joined  2009-09-09

I personally would like a 330 kick off and about 98 degrees…....

I don’t care how much preparation time the Dogs have, because our high tempo team should have them dropping like flies by the second and 3rd quarter…..

In a first game like this, with a lot of new guys on defense and players that have not seen our offense, plays like zone reads ought to be open a lot….bootlegs, misdirection and all of Chad Morris’s gimmick plays should lead to UGA over-pursuing the ball creating a lot of big plays for us.

I went to the Auburn game this year and we had a lot of dropped passed….something like 15 or so.  First game issues again.  We could have hung 40 on Auburn had we not dropped so many easy catches and that is the thing that really worried me the most in this game.  First game ball handling.  If our more matured receivers make their catches and Tajh brings his A game, I feel real good about this.

But I want it hot and mid day…..............Of course I expect ESPN to make this a night game.

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 22 January 2013 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Yea I’m not a fan of tough openers personally but I think Dabo will be ready this year.  The LSU game was Dabo’s first time in his career showing that he could get ready for a big game down the road, he can keep his kids motivated.  I hope he continues doing whatever he did for LSU to prepare for UGA.

Signature 

Posted: 22 January 2013 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/uga-sports/2013/jan/22/georgia-clemson-will-not-and-never-was-going-be-pl/

Boom.  GO TIGERS!

Signature 

Clemson 40 Ohio St 35

Posted: 22 January 2013 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2012-05-17

I’ll wait until I see ESPN post the game day and time before jumping to a conclusion since they’re the ones signing the checks and have control over everyone.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 23 January 2013 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2012-11-28

I would have been a fan of the Thursday night game. Gives us an opportunity to be the only game at primetime and also would give us 2 extra days to prepare for the fightin’ Spurriers.