Big XII/ACC alliance? 
Posted: 26 January 2013 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  175
Joined  2009-08-04

I was reading some posts (Fox Sports, CBS Sports) on this topic.  I am unsure what to make of it so I thought I’d put out here on SP.  Thoughts?

Posted: 26 January 2013 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2718
Joined  2011-02-04

The alliance should be: You don’t raid us and we won’t raid you.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 27 January 2013 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3361
Joined  2010-12-23

or PLEASE raid us!!!

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

While YOU ride the bench.. Catch us swingin’ for the fence.

Posted: 27 January 2013 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4886
Joined  2008-10-29

oh maybe the Big 12 is the desperate one and you all are dumb enough to fall for it…

Notice it is they who are looking to form one? Enjoy it FSU.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 27 January 2013 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  175
Joined  2009-08-04

So Pines…I am leaning towards your opinion.  It seems to me that the ACC shored itself up pretty well.  Again, I don’t pretend to understand the ever changing dynamics of CFB, but we may not be in to bad of a position.

Posted: 27 January 2013 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21614091/report-big-12-looking-to-partner-up-with-acc-two-other-leagues

http://beforeitsnews.com/sports/2013/01/what-a-big-12-acc-alliance-in-the-works-just-as-we-all-didnt-expect-2490430.html
From above link-
Just a side note, if anyone should be concerned it should be the NCAA. Given their fiasco this week in the Miami investigation , they continue to lose credibility. Now if the conferences are forming alliances what is the NCAA needed for? It could be one step closer the 60-70 schools breaking away from the NCAA.

“If anything, it’s the opposite,” Bowlsby said. “You can begin to get some advantages without taking on any of the disadvantages (of expansion). It’s one option that allows benefits. It’s kind of like friends with benefits”
LOF’nL!

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 28 January 2013 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Bowlsby doesnt think expansion is good, plus I think he also knows his options (contrary to some on here) are Cincy and BYU which doesnt add much revenue.

He also needs to stave off Pac 12 expansion.

I hope this does not happen. I dont want to play games in Kansas. Ever.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 28 January 2013 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2012-05-17
SoPinesHeel - 28 January 2013 06:02 PM

Bowlsby doesnt think expansion is good, plus I think he also knows his options (contrary to some on here) are Cincy and BYU which doesnt add much revenue.

He also needs to stave off Pac 12 expansion.

I hope this does not happen. I dont want to play games in Kansas. Ever.

Neither does Roy Williams or Coach K.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 29 January 2013 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Why?

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 29 January 2013 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  908
Joined  2012-05-17

Coach K doesn’t want to play anywhere but Duke, but nudges from time to time to play a neutral site game.  Roy Williams doesn’t want to play Kansas because they utilize their talent and build them up, not just recruit them and turn them loose.  (ok so maybe more of Coach K than Roy, but I had to throw him in there since he left them in the dust).

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 29 January 2013 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Well the fact that a young Carolina team is getting better as they learn the system leans against your turn it loose concept of Carolina basketball. Sorry man but you dont win 2 titles and a bunch of other high finishes in the tourney but just recruiting…nor do you get in the Hall of Fame while still actively coaching.

You also realize that Roy Williams last game at Kansas was a heartbreaking loss in the national title game right? was that just recruiting too?

I dont have anything to say about Duke. They are what they are.

Signature 

- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 29 January 2013 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2718
Joined  2011-02-04

FSU is going through some growing pains of their own with all the freshman. The good news though, I have not seen a player come through FSU in a long time that looked this good as a freshman as Aaron Thomas. The last player I can recall was James Collins 1994-1997. Devon Bookert is also turning into a solid PG. I can’t wait to see what this team can do in 2 years.

Perhaps the most disappointing thing is the progression (or the lack) of Ian Miller. I’m not sure what is holding him back, I was really counting on him to being a consistent scorer. Fortunately, Terry Whisnant has been a pleasant surprise and sort of found his role. The guy was a 3 star recruit out of North Carolina. Kudos to the coach who recognized his talent.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

‹‹ Senior Bowl     VTs New Offensive Staff ››