ACC Impact Recruits
Posted: 27 January 2013 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

Here are some guys who have a chance to make instant impacts in the ACC in 2013. Who are some other guys you think will make a major impact as true freshmen?

http://www.southernpigskin.com/Recruiting/view/acc-impact-recruits1

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 27 January 2013 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2012-07-10

From what I’ve gathered, we shouldn’t be shocked if Edwards ends up starting this fall. Cockrell obviously has one position locked down, but we really don’t have another corner with experience. Jared Boyd would be the other guy who might earn the starting nod. As the article says, more than one freshman is going to end up playing in the defensive backfield this year.

Signature 

WE’RE GOING BOWLING!!!!!!

Posted: 27 January 2013 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2013-01-17

Butker’s a good choice, but I think Travis Custis has a good shot to play also. We haven’t had an explosive player at B-back the last two years and I think Custis could fill that void. Watched him play in the State Playoffs and he was very impressive.

Posted: 27 January 2013 10:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-22
ToHellWithGeorgia - 27 January 2013 06:14 PM

Butker’s a good choice, but I think Travis Custis has a good shot to play also. We haven’t had an explosive player at B-back the last two years and I think Custis could fill that void. Watched him play in the State Playoffs and he was very impressive.

I love the way Custis runs the ball. Kind of reminds me a little of Orwin Smith, in that he is a guy who could likely play either position in the GT offense. Laskey did very well at B-back this past season, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Custis give him a run for his money.

Signature 

Posted: 28 January 2013 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1020
Joined  2013-01-17

At Clemson I’ll be keeping an eye out on Mike Williams just because he’s big and sometimes 6-4 receivers are just hard for CB’s to cover.  Also Clemson was working on some WR with a 4.3 40, that kinda speed can always make an impact.  I cant remember his name and he’s not listed since he hasn’t committed but I think it looked good for us.  And Scott Pagano just looks like a beast I’ll be interest in him once he’s playing with the big boys.

Signature 

Disclaimer:  Until the season starts all comments are large assumptions based on biased reporting sources.

Posted: 28 January 2013 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2876
Joined  2011-02-04

FSU will need some help at the DE position. I have not paid much attention to recruiting this season, so maybe one of the true freshman will get a bunch playing time.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 28 January 2013 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  448
Joined  2012-02-17
Garrett_TD23 - 28 January 2013 07:41 AM

FSU will need some help at the DE position. I have not paid much attention to recruiting this season, so maybe one of the true freshman will get a bunch playing time.

With Watson’s decision to go pro, we may need help at offensive tackle too.

Signature 

The artist formerly known as 4thNNole

Posted: 28 January 2013 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  979
Joined  2012-05-17
Ancient Orange - 28 January 2013 02:11 AM

At Clemson I’ll be keeping an eye out on Mike Williams just because he’s big and sometimes 6-4 receivers are just hard for CB’s to cover.  Also Clemson was working on some WR with a 4.3 40, that kinda speed can always make an impact.  I cant remember his name and he’s not listed since he hasn’t committed but I think it looked good for us.  And Scott Pagano just looks like a beast I’ll be interest in him once he’s playing with the big boys.

You’re thinking of James Clark I believe.  Clark is good but I think OSU might have bit into our chances quite a bit last weekend.  I think this position is still Bryant’s to lose, and by that, I mean by not qualifying.  I would also say that Germone Hopper has a strong chance to get into the mix as he’s a complete speedster as well.  Also Peake was quoted to have the fastest (unofficial) 40 speed at like 4.27 or something insane crazy like that.  I don’t believe that’s his real number, but he’s quite fast and just needs to work on his consistancy.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 28 January 2013 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-22
1stNNole - 28 January 2013 10:00 AM

With Watson’s decision to go pro, we may need help at offensive tackle too.

I almost went with Austin Golson as FSU’s representative on the list, but he is a “soft commit” at this time. I think he will eventually end up in Tallahassee, but he is taking some other visits right now.

Signature 

Posted: 28 January 2013 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-07-22

Also, with the injury to Virginia Tech’s Antone Exum, Kendall Fuller will have a good chance to play his way onto the field early.

Signature 

Posted: 28 January 2013 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1020
Joined  2013-01-17
Tickle_It - 28 January 2013 10:53 AM

You’re thinking of James Clark I believe.  Clark is good but I think OSU might have bit into our chances quite a bit last weekend.  I think this position is still Bryant’s to lose, and by that, I mean by not qualifying.  I would also say that Germone Hopper has a strong chance to get into the mix as he’s a complete speedster as well.  Also Peake was quoted to have the fastest (unofficial) 40 speed at like 4.27 or something insane crazy like that.  I don’t believe that’s his real number, but he’s quite fast and just needs to work on his consistancy.

Yea that’s him, just read an article on his OSU visit.  I don’t think we’re out of it yet.  The temp there was 13 low 36 high yesterday and 16 low 28 high the day before, that’s cold for a Florida kid.  Clemson is a lot closer to home too, don’t count us out yet.

Signature 

Disclaimer:  Until the season starts all comments are large assumptions based on biased reporting sources.