Poll
Should the Pro-Bowl Game Be Cancelled?
Yes14
No0
Undecided1
Total Votes: 15
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Poll:  Should the Pro Bowl Game Be Terminated?
Posted: 28 January 2013 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1873
Joined  2009-09-09

Seems like we are a little poll-happy in this off-season but after watching the Pro-Bowl I had to vent…..

This game is a joke.  There is no excitement from the players that are there and so many of the players that made it stayed out due to “injury” that the product that is now being put on the field is an insult to fans.  The fear of injury or lack of desire to play in the game makes the game useless…...

I think the game needs to be ended and replace the name of “Pro-Bowl” player to “All-Pro” and call it a season for those who made it.

What do you think?

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 28 January 2013 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

I can’t remember the last Pro Bowl I watched, but I’m pretty sure I was wearing Cowboys footie pajamas at the time.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 28 January 2013 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  409
Joined  2012-02-17
Slappy - 28 January 2013 08:31 AM

I can’t remember the last Pro Bowl I watched, but I’m pretty sure I was wearing Cowboys footie pajamas at the time.

Funny.

Signature 

The artist formerly known as 4thNNole

Posted: 28 January 2013 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2009-07-04

Just hope the front of those footites had the Cheerleaders on them. Not a Cowboy fan but those Cheerleaders are a different story!

Posted: 28 January 2013 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16
Orange&Purple; - 28 January 2013 10:16 AM

Just hope the front of those footites had the Cheerleaders on them. Not a Cowboy fan but those Cheerleaders are a different story!

Even better are the semistrippers that dance in cages, really more like crow’s nests, around the top of Jerry World.  I’ll be roadtripping with a Rams fan friend to the game next year.

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 28 January 2013 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

Yes. These days, most of the star players don’t even want to be there.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 28 January 2013 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  858
Joined  2012-05-17

Kill it.  The only all-star game that even remotely matters is MLB, just becaues it actually decides something.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 28 January 2013 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2611
Joined  2008-10-30

The younger players (Wilson, Luck) seemed to really get something out of it, being around the Mannings, Brees, etc. But yeah, those games are pretty boring. Wasn’t it Sean Taylor that got blasted for hitting someone “too hard”, now they just wrap up and gently fall to the turf. They probably should cancel the game.

They should still vote for the Pro-Bowl teams though. Players get bonuses for making it, I’m pretty sure. All-Pro is different from Pro Bowler. All-Pro is pretty much equivalent to 1st team All-American in college.

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 28 January 2013 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3224
Joined  2010-12-23

Packers, Giants, and Steelers don’t have cheerleaders… because they play football instead.

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

While YOU ride the bench.. Catch us swingin’ for the fence.

Posted: 29 January 2013 12:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2012-07-10

Glad to see we are all in agreement here lol.

Signature 

WE’RE GOING BOWLING!!!!!!

Posted: 29 January 2013 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  735
Joined  2013-01-17

Yea I don’t even watch it and wouldn’t really want them to play hard either.  The sport is too rough to play for nothing.  Agree with OP. 

I do enjoy the NBA All Star game though just because you get to see the guys goof around a little.  Except Dbag-Wade who broke Kobe’s nose last year…

Signature 

“South Carolina: Premier higher educational institution in South Carolina” 

-josephj7677

And gamecocks say Clemson fans live in the past huh?

Posted: 29 January 2013 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  858
Joined  2012-05-17
Ancient Orange - 29 January 2013 03:01 AM

Yea I don’t even watch it and wouldn’t really want them to play hard either.  The sport is too rough to play for nothing.  Agree with OP. 

I do enjoy the NBA All Star game though just because you get to see the guys goof around a little.  Except Dbag-Wade who broke Kobe’s nose last year...

I hate Wade.  He’s just a watered down Kobe wanna be.  His pencil line goatee makes me think he’s into men.

Signature 

Broscience: 50% Fact, 50% Magic, 100% results.

See ya at church - Dom

Posted: 30 January 2013 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  735
Joined  2013-01-17
Tickle_It - 29 January 2013 10:39 AM

I hate Wade.  He’s just a watered down Kobe wanna be.  His pencil line goatee makes me think he’s into men.

Plus he (and LeBron) are huge floppers and constantly cry to the refs.  Wade’s knees are probably done after this season. 

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/lebron-flop-3.gif

http://espn.go.com/photo/2007/0221/nba_ap_wade_275.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HuR88.gif
http://i.min.us/ictejA.png

Signature 

“South Carolina: Premier higher educational institution in South Carolina” 

-josephj7677

And gamecocks say Clemson fans live in the past huh?

Posted: 14 February 2013 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  295
Joined  2012-06-19

I think they should do something similar to the MLB.

The winning conference of the Pro Bowl (half way through the season) should get to host the Super Bowl on their own turf. Instead of always hosting it in Hawaii, let stadiums bid for it like the All Star Game(MLB). 

I’m glad the Superbowl will be hosted at the Giant’s stadium.  Why not have a superbowl in Seattle?  In the Meadowlands?  In Greenbay?  At soldier field? 

I’m tired of New Orleans, Miami, and Tempe Arizona hosting the big games. Also, I like how Minnesota (the college team!) built an outdoor stadium.  It would be nice to see Syracuse do that too!  That’s a real home field advantage!

Posted: 14 February 2013 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3224
Joined  2010-12-23
Ancient Orange - 30 January 2013 03:21 AM
Tickle_It - 29 January 2013 10:39 AM

Plus he (and LeBron) are huge floppers and constantly cry to the refs.  Wade’s knees are probably done after this season. 

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/lebron-flop-3.gif

http://espn.go.com/photo/2007/0221/nba_ap_wade_275.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HuR88.gif
http://i.min.us/ictejA.png

Haters gonna hate.

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

While YOU ride the bench.. Catch us swingin’ for the fence.