10 SEC Breakout Players for 2013
Posted: 28 January 2013 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2008-11-09

Who are some guys you think will have breakout seasons in the SEC in 2013?

http://www.southernpigskin.com/SEC/view/10-sec-breakout-players-for-2013

Signature 

“Southern football is why my grandmother spent fall Saturday’s in orange capris, blue reebok classics and alligator jewelry and had a football card of Danny Wuerffel taped to her dresser. It’s the same reason why my mom can’t watch the fourth quarter, my dad won’t watch the first quarter and my uncle and his two sons have walked around Valdosta, Georgia with a little more pep in their step since December 7th, 2002.”

—B.J. Bennett, Down Here I

Posted: 28 January 2013 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

That is a very good list. I really like Brian Kimbrow at Vanderbilt. He very well may have been the second or third fastest player in the entire 2012 recruiting class.

I’d also like to nominate Dorial Green-Beckham for this list. So much more was expected of this young man as a true freshman, but I think he will be better prepared his second time around.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 30 January 2013 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  158
Joined  2012-11-28

Ray Drew isn’t a bad choice, but Jordan Jenkins could be a star for the Dawgs this season. Some people have said he has a higher upside than Jarvis Jones (although I tend to think that is a little over the top). Still expect big things from him though

Posted: 31 January 2013 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2009-04-22

I have a feeling the Drake will be pushed behind in the RB order for some reason. Yeldon will be the true #1 this year, but #2 will be a toss up. I would think Fowler and Henry will play FB/HB/RB but Drake, Tyren Jones, Altee Tenpenny, and Kamara (if he signs) will all push for #2 right away. I’m not sure that Dee Hart will stick around much longer. If Kamara does sign with Alabama, I could see him filling the #2 spot. But if he doesn’t, then I think #2 will be wide open. Drake had some off the field issues the last few weeks of the season, which was why he didn’t play.

Signature 

“There can be no glory without some pain!” - Nick Saban

Posted: 03 February 2013 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2022
Joined  2008-11-01
Gurshall Walker - 30 January 2013 11:00 PM

Ray Drew isn’t a bad choice, but Jordan Jenkins could be a star for the Dawgs this season. Some people have said he has a higher upside than Jarvis Jones (although I tend to think that is a little over the top). Still expect big things from him though

Jordan Jenkins is the next big thing. I think the whole front 7 is going to really impress.

Posted: 03 February 2013 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22

For Georgia, it’s all a matter of getting someone to step up and replace Jenkins and Geathers at the nose. It very well may be one of the JUCO transfers who fills that vacancy.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy