The Five Most Underrated ACC Recruits
Posted: 30 January 2013 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  283
Joined  2008-11-09

We’ve discussed the five most underrated recruits in the SEC. Now, Matt Osborne takes a look at the five most underrated recruits in the ACC. What do you think of the list? Who is he missing?

http://www.southernpigskin.com/Recruiting/view/the-five-most-underrated-acc-recruits

Signature 

“Southern football is why my grandmother spent fall Saturday’s in orange capris, blue reebok classics and alligator jewelry and had a football card of Danny Wuerffel taped to her dresser. It’s the same reason why my mom can’t watch the fourth quarter, my dad won’t watch the first quarter and my uncle and his two sons have walked around Valdosta, Georgia with a little more pep in their step since December 7th, 2002.”

—B.J. Bennett, Down Here I

Posted: 31 January 2013 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  2009-03-13

QB Bucky Hodges (Virginia Tech)

Hodges is easily the most intriguing prospect in the ACC for the class of 2013. At 6-6, 230 pounds,

Oh God!  Another four or five years of Heather Dinich drooling over a VT QB because he’s tall.

Posted: 01 February 2013 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2012-06-19
catdaddy2402 - 31 January 2013 06:54 PM

QB Bucky Hodges (Virginia Tech)

Hodges is easily the most intriguing prospect in the ACC for the class of 2013. At 6-6, 230 pounds,

Oh God!  Another four or five years of Heather Dinich drooling over a VT QB because he’s tall.

But I still remember most people hating on Tyrod Taylor when he was there, too. 

Boyd’s overall career work is better than Taylor’s—-> but when you look at what Taylor did in his senior year (basically carried the team) I’d say they’re about equal.

VT fans were always hating on R Wilson, too.  Mainly because our secondary owned him while he was at NC State.  Look at him now.  With the emergence of Kaepernick(sp?) and Wilson it will be interesting to see where Boyd goes next year… and if Tyrod gets a chance.  The Flacco situation could open up an opportunity for Taylor.

Posted: 01 February 2013 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1455
Joined  2009-10-20
whr2206 - 01 February 2013 05:16 AM

Boyd’s overall career work is better than Taylor’s—-> but when you look at what Taylor did in his senior year (basically carried the team) I’d say they’re about equal.

Not even close.  Tyrod was a four years starter with a three ACC Championships and a BCS win with less talent surrounding him.  No hate on Boyd.  He’s very, very good…... but he’s not Tyrod.

Signature 

I won’t be money but I’ll wager avatar’s….I’ll use a Logan Thomas Avatar for an entire season if I lose and if I win you have to have some type of Clemson Avatar.

-CU_Tigers4Life (01-26-2013)

Posted: 02 February 2013 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  296
Joined  2012-07-10

If I had to pick a guy from Duke, a lot of people think that Evrett Edwards is going to be a stud. He potentially could start at corner this year.

Signature 

WE’RE GOING BOWLING!!!!!!