Joined  2009-04-22

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp/50582822#50582822

Signature 

“There can be no glory without some pain!” - Nick Saban

Posted: 20 February 2013 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3313
Joined  2008-10-29

Very neat technology. I am a retail pharmacist, and we’ve actually had robots that fill Rx’s.. I mean count pills, put in a bottle, put the label on it, and cap it for about 8-9 years. In the last couple of years we’ve been able to receive Rx’s from a MD’s palm device. The company I work for actually developed it’s own computer program which can consolidate patient files from 4 different platforms with the company (retail Rx, mail order Rx, home health therapy, and urgent care patient). This helps to avoid redundancies and possibilities for duplicate or contraindicated therapies. From my small perspective health care is modernizing and getting way safer for the patient. It’s no secret there are many mistakes each year in care.

Signature 

I’m quite lucky. I have a lovely wife, two great kids and an ever improving golf game.

Posted: 20 February 2013 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1025
Joined  2013-01-17

Yea about a year ago I heard some chatter about this.  It sounds great to me.  Investments in technology is what’s gonna separate good countries from great in the future.  Any time you can bring cost down on the people they will have more money to stimulate an economy.

Signature 

Disclaimer:  Until the season starts all comments are large assumptions based on biased reporting sources.