Top 10 2014 Southern Prospects
Posted: 08 February 2013 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2008-11-09

Here is a look at the top 10 prospects in the South for the class of 2014.

http://www.southernpigskin.com/Recruiting/view/top-10-2014-southern-prospects

Signature 

“Southern football is why my grandmother spent fall Saturday’s in orange capris, blue reebok classics and alligator jewelry and had a football card of Danny Wuerffel taped to her dresser. It’s the same reason why my mom can’t watch the fourth quarter, my dad won’t watch the first quarter and my uncle and his two sons have walked around Valdosta, Georgia with a little more pep in their step since December 7th, 2002.”

—B.J. Bennett, Down Here I

Posted: 08 February 2013 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1029
Joined  2013-01-17

Dang, lots of RB’s coming up huh?  Good Clemson is good at landing quality RB’s.

Signature 

Disclaimer:  Until the season starts all comments are large assumptions based on biased reporting sources.

Posted: 11 February 2013 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2026
Joined  2008-11-01

What are our chances with Mcmillian and you think he plays LB or RB?

Posted: 12 February 2013 01:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1029
Joined  2013-01-17

Well out of instinct I would say Clemson, UGA, and Bama have the best shot at him.  Sounds like a solid LB and lots of guys prefer to play defense so they can deliver the hit.  Doesn’t UGA have two sophomore RB’s?  I doubt he would want to go in there and compete with that for the RB position.

Signature 

Disclaimer:  Until the season starts all comments are large assumptions based on biased reporting sources.

Posted: 12 February 2013 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2009-04-22
dawgsday - 11 February 2013 11:35 PM

“Having a chance to play with Reuben Foster would be awesome,” said the star out of Hinesville (Ga.) Liberty County. “He is a special player and I would love to be playing with him one day. I do not know which school I will be choosing, but knowing where he is makes that school even better in my opinion.”

- Says UGA and Ohio State are on top with Clemson and Bama just behind.

- He says he will most likely commit to one of those 4 schools.

- He wants to commit at the 2014 Under Armour All America Game.

“Ohio State is my leader,” McMillan said. “They have a great coaching staff, and Urban Meyer builds championship programs. You just feel at home when you go up there.”

Clemson is second.

“Every time I go to Clemson, I get that family vibe,” McMillan said. “Coach Dabo Swinney is amped up and fiery, and Coach (Jeff) Scott, my recruiter, is a really cool guy. I love it there.”

Signature 

“There can be no glory without some pain!” - Nick Saban

Posted: 13 February 2013 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1240
Joined  2011-07-22
dawgsday - 11 February 2013 11:35 PM

He previously listed Ohio State and Clemson as his favorites, but he is going to re-evaluate after he takes unofficial visits to many of his top schools. He will be releasing his top five soon and I certainly expect Georgia to make that list.

As far as his position, there is no question in my mind that he is a LB. He loves contact and he has tremendous instincts from the position.

Signature 

Be sure to give me a follow on Twitter: @UrbanWhiteGuy

Posted: 14 February 2013 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  78
Joined  2013-01-17

Once again, Georgia Tech will fail to get seriously involved with the elite recruits in the South. Our recruiting has actually been better the last couple of years but I still wish that we could sign more of those 4 and 5 star guys.

Posted: 14 February 2013 11:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6358
Joined  2008-10-29
ToHellWithGeorgia - 14 February 2013 11:06 AM

Once again, Georgia Tech will fail to get seriously involved with the elite recruits in the South. Our recruiting has actually been better the last couple of years but I still wish that we could sign more of those 4 and 5 star guys.

Paul Johnson.  Triple Option.  That’s why.  None of these high speed, electric playmakers want to play that.

Signature 

FIRE CHAD MORRIS, SHOTGUN EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!!!!!!!!  But fire Robbie Caldwell first.

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 15 February 2013 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  300
Joined  2012-06-19

From what I was hearing from others the state of Virginia is absolutely loaded for 2014.

I don’t follow recruiting that much—-> but I was surprised not to see anyone from VA on the list…