Now The College Football 2012 Over, We need to Keep This Board Going!
Posted: 09 February 2013 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1939
Joined  2009-09-09

Last year around this time we did a great job keeping this board active and growing in the off-season and I sure hope that his continues…...

This is the time I guess we start swapping chili recopies, discuss a wide variety of pop-culture topics and wring out every drop of football we can get!...

The spring games are coming but that is usually a very controlled process but it will be worthy of a few chats…..

My 6 year old is in his first year of the Cub Scouts and this month is the Pinewood Derby and I have gone “Tim-The-Tool-Man-Taylor” on the thing and are having a ball working with my son. Our pack is not only having races for the scouts but will have separate races for the parents and siblings.  I am building a car appropriately called the “Paw-Bearer” which to all long termed Clemson fans know that there is a Hearse that has been traveling to Clemson games for decades given this name…LOL

Signature 

“I remember when I was coaching down at Florida, we would always lose kids in recruiting battles to Clemson. I would tell my coaches that we shouldn’t be losing kids to Clemson. Charlie Strong responded ‘coach have you ever actually been to Clemson?’ I hadn’t but I’ll tell you what, I’ve been here now and I get it. This is an exceptional, special place.”

-Urban Myer, Sept 17th, 2011 while calling the Clemson Auburn Game. Clemson won 38-24

Posted: 09 February 2013 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2720
Joined  2011-02-04

Not a whole lot to say at the moment, but on a scale from 1-10, how excited are you to be playing Syracuse and/or Pitt?

Since FSU plays them both this coming year, I would have to give Syracuse a “5”. They are probably not going to be very good having to replace their head coach and they lose a ton of players. Still though, they are “new” and that alone should give the game some added interest.

I’d give Pitt an “8”. I think they will be a solid team and it will be at Pitt. FSU could lose this game so they better be hyped up for this game.

The only disappointing thing about these games is that FSU should be playing Virginia Tech at home and Georgia Tech away. Kind of a let down in comparison.

Signature 

“And that’s all I have to say about that”

Posted: 09 February 2013 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2181
Joined  2009-01-07
Garrett_TD23 - 09 February 2013 03:03 PM

Not a whole lot to say at the moment, but on a scale from 1-10, how excited are you to be playing Syracuse and/or Pitt?

Since FSU plays them both this coming year, I would have to give Syracuse a “5”. They are probably not going to be very good having to replace their head coach and they lose a ton of players. Still though, they are “new” and that alone should give the game some added interest.

I’d give Pitt an “8”. I think they will be a solid team and it will be at Pitt. FSU could lose this game so they better be hyped up for this game.

The only disappointing thing about these games is that FSU should be playing Virginia Tech at home and Georgia Tech away. Kind of a let down in comparison.

I have zero interrest in Syracuse. I am interested in Pitt. It will be interesting to see how they do. I think they can build back into a good program.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 09 February 2013 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  802
Joined  2013-01-17

Well Pitt had the 41st ranked recruiting class and cuse didn’t make the top 75 so I guess I’ll put Pitt as the middle of the road and cuse at the bottom. I’m much more excited about Louisville.

Signature 

Disclaimer:  Until the season starts all comments are large assumptions based on biased reporting sources.

Posted: 10 February 2013 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  379
Joined  2012-07-10

I am very excited about both for a few reasons:

Revenge

We have only played Syracuse one time in the 1996 Gator Bowl and they blasted us 41-0.  Granted they had Donavan McNabb and we were in the dark years but it was pretty bad.  I love the opportunity each and every year of taking that beating out of the Orangemen’s hide. 

We Played Pitt one time in the 1977 Gator Bowl and lost 34-3 so again the novelty of a payback game is there.

Unlike teams like Teams like Duke, Wake and BC will only rarely field a decent team for a year or 2.  Pitt and Syracuse seem to field teams that will always be capable of take superior teams down if not taken seriously. 

Overall I am looking forward to these games. 

I do think that once Maryland is gone and Louisville is in that Divisional realignment needs to be looked at.

Signature 

Posted: 10 February 2013 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2012-06-16

Don’t forget Marvin Harrison who had a Nuk-like 7 for 173 and 2 TDs.
They lose Nassib and the top WR plus HC.  Going to be rough for Cuse next year

Pitt will be like NCSU.  More or less a solid team capable of beating or losing to anybody.  Don’t know much about their returning roster but they’re usually a good running team.

Need some pics of the Paw Bearer
My Boy Scout experience is a lot like my military experience.  I spoke with the recruiters but never wore the uniform. 

Signature 

Lord loves a workin’ man; don’t trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it - The Jerk

A person is smart.  People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - K

Posted: 10 February 2013 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  502
Joined  2009-07-04

Pitt & (eventually) Louisville are good games. I agree with the NCSU comparison to Pitt. With Strong at UL, they’ll be formidable and consistent. Cuse is going to struggle but not sure they can be worse than BC, WFU or Duke (most years) so competitively, they are not going to excite many fans.

I didn’t take the Tim The Toolman Taylor approach to my son’s PWD car but he did well in the races and we enjoyed it. I didn’t do the Cub Scouts growing up but did Boy Scouts. It was a great experience and I still use a lot of stuff I learned. Plus, I made Eagle and it is amazing how much clout that achievement still means. Most people really respect it so if you can get your son to track toward that, I think he’ll find it very beneficial and enjoyable (although Scouting is not near as fun as it used to be - too many rules now).

Posted: 10 February 2013 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  427
Joined  2012-02-17
Orange&Purple; - 10 February 2013 01:46 PM

I didn’t take the Tim The Toolman Taylor approach

That made me laugh out loud.

Signature 

The artist formerly known as 4thNNole