EJ Manuel
Posted: 10 February 2013 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2615
Joined  2008-10-30

...has had a great run lately. After winning the ACC chamionship and Orange Bowl and setting the all-time completion % record at FSU, he wins the Senior Bowl and is named MVP, his mother becomes cancer free, and he wins the QB competition in Cowboys Stadium over Glennon, Nassib(?), and lil Rodgers.

I think he gets drafted no later than the 2nd round. His intelligence and frame will only help that much more during the interview process and combine/pro day. Anyone have a different opinion of where he’ll end up drafted?

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo

Posted: 10 February 2013 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  442
Joined  2012-02-17
93N99 - 10 February 2013 01:46 PM

...has had a great run lately. After winning the ACC chamionship and Orange Bowl and setting the all-time completion % record at FSU, he wins the Senior Bowl and is named MVP, his mother becomes cancer free, and he wins the QB competition in Cowboys Stadium over Glennon, Nassib(?), and lil Rodgers.

I think he gets drafted no later than the 2nd round. His intelligence and frame will only help that much more during the interview process and combine/pro day. Anyone have a different opinion of where he’ll end up drafted?

A lot of the recent mocks I’ve seen have him in the second round. I have no idea what type of pro career he will have but he really is a good person and has been a great rep of FSU.

Signature 

The artist formerly known as 4thNNole

Posted: 11 February 2013 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  533
Joined  2009-07-04

I’m rooting for him, he is a tremendous young man that is a great example of what is needed in all walks of life, not just football.

I just don’t see him making much of a wave at the next level. I think he will probably go in the 3rd or 4th round but I’ve never sensed he could read defenses, which is job #1 in the NFL. Ponder struggles and I think he is considerably better. His (EJ) accuracy is marginal at best.

Like I said, I wish the best for him but based on what I have seen, he just doesn’t seem to have an NFL career ahead of him.

Posted: 11 February 2013 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  942
Joined  2013-01-17
Orange&Purple; - 11 February 2013 04:15 PM

I’m rooting for him, he is a tremendous young man that is a great example of what is needed in all walks of life, not just football.

I just don’t see him making much of a wave at the next level. I think he will probably go in the 3rd or 4th round but I’ve never sensed he could read defenses, which is job #1 in the NFL. Ponder struggles and I think he is considerably better. His (EJ) accuracy is marginal at best.

Like I said, I wish the best for him but based on what I have seen, he just doesn’t seem to have an NFL career ahead of him.

I get the same feeling but don’t know how good his coaching was.  It was an odd transitional time for FSU and that may have hurt him.  At the very least he’s worth trying to develop a little.

Signature 

Disclaimer:  Until the season starts all comments are large assumptions based on biased reporting sources.

Posted: 25 February 2013 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2615
Joined  2008-10-30

“Manuel has had a huge combine so far. He came in at a true 6’5, and a very solid 237 pounds. Manuel has 35” arms, which is very long (though this isn’t necessarily good for a QB), and 10 3/8” hands (definitely good). He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65 seconds, had a vertical jump of 34” (former hoops player) and a broad jump of 118”. In addition, he had 7.08-seconds in the 3-cone drill and a 4.21 in the 20-yard shuttle. Manuel has a shot to be a first round pick thanks to this combine, as all of these numbers were among the best for his position.”  -tomahawknation.com

Signature 

2012 ACC Football Champions
2012 Orange Bowl Champions
2013 Florida state Champions
2013 ACC Football Champions
2013 NCAA National Champions

“This is our time, it ain’t their time!”
-Jimbo