Projected SEC Standings
Posted: 17 February 2013 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2008-11-09

Matt Osborne has released his way too early projected SEC standings. What are your thoughts?

http://www.southernpigskin.com/SEC/view/early-sec-projected-standings

Signature 

“Southern football is why my grandmother spent fall Saturday’s in orange capris, blue reebok classics and alligator jewelry and had a football card of Danny Wuerffel taped to her dresser. It’s the same reason why my mom can’t watch the fourth quarter, my dad won’t watch the first quarter and my uncle and his two sons have walked around Valdosta, Georgia with a little more pep in their step since December 7th, 2002.”

—B.J. Bennett, Down Here I

Posted: 17 February 2013 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3691
Joined  2010-12-23

Alabama is 1… It doesn’t matter where the rest go.

Signature 

>>>─────;;;─►

“The same rowdy crowd that was here last night is back again.”

Posted: 17 February 2013 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6101
Joined  2008-10-29
garnet_gold - 17 February 2013 07:29 PM

This.  Alabama is the SEC.

Signature 

FIRE CHAD MORRIS, SHOTGUN EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!!!!!!!!  At least fire SOMEBODY!!

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 18 February 2013 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2009-04-22

West:
Alabama
aTm/LSU
Ole Miss
Miss State
Arkansas
Auburn

East:
UGA
USCe
UF
Vandy
Mizzou
Tenn
UK

Texas AM will take a significant hit this year with losing so much (couple of top WRs, one of their best RBs, best OL, and half of their defense which wasn’t even ranked in the top 25.
USCe will take a hit losing their top two RBs and their best playmaker in Ace Sanders. Not to mention, who is going to play QB?
UF won’t be the same team next year. They lose a ton on both sides, don’t have a WR to save their life, and lose their only offensive weapon (Gilislee)
There’s 0.001% chance that Ole Miss finishes ahead of LSU next year. Even with all of the losses by LSU, they have more talent combined with game experience (LSU was one of the teams who played the most young players last year). Metten-groped-her will be improved and Hill is the real deal at RB.
Auburn will still suck, losing their best players on defense, having nobody to play QB, no WRs, losing their best RB etc.
I just hope that we can fill our voids with some people who are ready to step up. Offensively we should be upgraded this year but we lose most of our DL and a couple of solid LBs. Not to mention the best cover corner in football. I think losing Lester at safety will be an upgrade with Landon Collins replacing him.

Signature 

“There can be no glory without some pain!” - Nick Saban

Posted: 18 February 2013 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2009-05-11

Ole Miss 3rd in the West? That is a big reach there Matt, don’t see that happening at all…but time will tell.

Tider4life picked Auburn last in the West??? What a shock wink lol

Signature 

Jeremy Hillman
SEC Writer
http://www.southernpigskin.com
Twitter: @SECpigskin
Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 18 February 2013 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-22
tampabaytiger - 18 February 2013 10:46 AM

Ole Miss 3rd in the West? That is a big reach there Matt, don’t see that happening at all…but time will tell.

Tider4life picked Auburn last in the West??? What a shock wink lol

Haha surprise surprise, right? If you look at things, it would appear to be the most logical spot. They obvisouly won’t be ahead of Alabama, aTm, LSU, Ole Miss. They won’t pass Miss St. And I really don’t think they are any better than Arkansas, who got a huge coaching upgrade.

Signature 

Posted: 18 February 2013 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  496
Joined  2011-04-22

I don’t think Ole Miss third is crazy. Getting Vandy and Mizzou from the East as opposed to Georgia and Florida like LSU does is a big help, and the head-to-head meeting is in Oxford. If you’re going to stray from just picking chalk, I thought that was a pretty good choice.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 18 February 2013 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-04-22
MattSmith - 18 February 2013 12:07 PM

I don’t think Ole Miss third is crazy. Getting Vandy and Mizzou from the East as opposed to Georgia and Florida like LSU does is a big help, and the head-to-head meeting is in Oxford. If you’re going to stray from just picking chalk, I thought that was a pretty good choice.

I could see Vandy beating Ole Miss next year. But either way, Ole Miss will not pass Alabama or Texas AM. And I really don’t see Ole Miss being able to pass LSU for 3rd. LSU on a down year is better than Ole Miss on an up year.

Signature 

Posted: 18 February 2013 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2022
Joined  2008-11-01

I see the Carolina 2 QB system being a problem and bringing out the worst in Stevil.

Posted: 21 February 2013 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1074
Joined  2008-10-29
Clemtgrs - 17 February 2013 07:34 PM
garnet_gold - 17 February 2013 07:29 PM

This.  Alabama is the SEC.

The polls would disagree would that…5 of top 9 in the AP were SEC…

Posted: 21 February 2013 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

And everyone not tied to the SEC would disagree saying the media is biased as would I.  It’s all a big smoke screen.  Whens the last time the East did anything?  The east is 1 of the last 6, 3 of the last 10 in the championship game.  LSU and Florida say hello as top 10 teams.

Signature 

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 21 February 2013 01:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2037
Joined  2009-09-09

Clemson will finish in 1st Place in the SEC with a 3-0 Record….........

Signature 

“If I get Manziel disease, I want every one of you all to get your mikes and start slapping me on the head”

Jameis Winston: 2013

Posted: 21 February 2013 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Agreed!

Signature