Colin cowherd just said Big 10 wants UConn?
Posted: 20 April 2010 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  337
Joined  2008-10-30

Certainly a strange move…. UConn is up and coming as a football program but will still likely get rolled by the top third of the league right now.  Basketball they will dominate mens and womens… and i don’t know if they bring anything else to the table athletically.  Would certainly be an interesting choice.

edit—- now he says the PAC-10 will add Utah as a done deal and also Colorado?  Colorado brings nothing to the table except a good football team 20 years ago.  Unbelieveable.  Cowherd is rediculous sometimes..

Signature 

Rocky Top You’ll Always Be Home Sweet Home to Me!!!!

Posted: 20 April 2010 06:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2009-04-22
HomeSweetHome - 20 April 2010 04:16 PM

Certainly a strange move…. UConn is up and coming as a football program but will still likely get rolled by the top third of the league right now.  Basketball they will dominate mens and womens… and i don’t know if they bring anything else to the table athletically.  Would certainly be an interesting choice.

edit—- now he says the PAC-10 will add Utah as a done deal and also Colorado?  Colorado brings nothing to the table except a good football team 20 years ago.  Unbelieveable.  Cowherd is rediculous sometimes..

I’m glad he left 680 the Fan. I used to listen to it all the time and HATED when he was there. Not that I really like Buck and Kincade much either.

Signature 

“There can be no glory without some pain!” - Nick Saban

Posted: 20 April 2010 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  329
Joined  2009-05-29

I used to like Cowherd, but I don’t understand why he dumps on teams that haven’t won a MNC in the last 5 years.  I guess to get us riled up on message boards, but it’s a lame trick. 

UCONN actually has a decent baseball team now.  They are ranked in the top 25 by a few of the polls.  I can’t name much outside of that.  Colorado to the PAC10 would be a good move.  They traditionally recruit the west coast and the jucos well.

Posted: 20 April 2010 10:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3004
Joined  2008-10-29
YEAWAHOOS - 20 April 2010 07:38 PM

I used to like Cowherd, but I don’t understand why he dumps on teams that haven’t won a MNC in the last 5 years.  I guess to get us riled up on message boards, but it’s a lame trick. 

UCONN actually has a decent baseball team now.  They are ranked in the top 25 by a few of the polls.  I can’t name much outside of that.  Colorado to the PAC10 would be a good move.  They traditionally recruit the west coast and the jucos well.

i didn’t like cowherd the first few times i heard him, then i like him a lot but a couple years ago (bout the same time his divorce went down) he started becoming too soap box and preachy.

dan patrick is far better.

Signature 

redhot

“There’s really only about three or four films of college defense that I really care about watching any more,” New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams said. “And he (Bud Foster) happens to be one of them.”

Posted: 20 April 2010 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  329
Joined  2009-05-29

Is Patrick Still on XM?  I wish there were good radio shows for college football.  Rarely does anybody really have knowledge enough to speak.  Colin can be good, but he chooses schtick and shock over real talk.  I get enough of that on the message boards.

Posted: 20 April 2010 10:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3775
Joined  2008-10-29

I’m pretty sure Cowherd is drinking when he is on the air….dude talks about vodka an awful lot.

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 21 April 2010 12:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1617
Joined  2009-05-21

Not sure why the hate for Cowherd.  He is just reporting from his sources, he is not the one orchestrating all these rumors.  Talk about killing the messenger.

Signature 

My mind is not for rent,
to any god or government

Posted: 21 April 2010 01:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5562
Joined  2008-10-28

Cowheard is a bafoon. A loud, crap thrower who is always wrong on everything he says. He’s up there with Rush as a total flamer on the radio. UConn opens with Michigan and will beat them. There football team is vastly underrated and Randy Edsell is a really really good coach. In all sports they are competitive. Football, basketball, womens basketball, baseball. All of them… I’m not sure how UConn will get the Big Ten into the NYC market. I guess somewhat but Rutgers or Syracuse will do that trick.

I think Rutgers and Pitt are gone to the Big Ten along with Nebraska and Missouri and Notre Dame giving them 16 teams. Just my two cents.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com