Phil Steele top 25 is out…
Posted: 28 May 2010 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2009-05-11

Top 25 (Phil Steele has had the most accurate preseason top 25 for a decade…over any other publication…so worth taking a glance at):

1. Oklahoma
2. Ohio State
3. Alabama
4. TCU
5. Nebraska
6. Boise State
7. Florida
8. USC
9. Miami
10. Oregon
11. Texas
12. UNC
13. VT
14. Iowa
15. Auburn
16. ND
17. Ark
18. Penn St.
19. UGA
20. FSU
21. S. Car.
22. WVU
23. Wisc
24. Houston
25. Arizona

Signature 

Jeremy Hillman
SEC Writer
http://www.southernpigskin.com
Twitter: @SECpigskin
Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 29 May 2010 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5591
Joined  2008-10-28

How many times will Oklahoma and Miami get preseason love to end up losing 4 games? All this poll needs is Michigan. If your understand my point.

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 29 May 2010 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1617
Joined  2009-05-21

This is how Steele feels the teams will end up.  He has power polls as well, that do not take schedule into account.  OU outgained Big-12 fores by over 120 YPG last season, and they lost over 40 starts to injury.  Steele has them as double digit favorites over everyone they play with the exception of Texas.

Signature 

My mind is not for rent,
to any god or government

Posted: 30 May 2010 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1087
Joined  2008-12-09

I’m more confortable with the ranking of VT in this poll as opposed to what the blowhards in ESPN spit.  At least, not until I start hearing good things about the defensive line.

Posted: 31 May 2010 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2041
Joined  2008-11-01

OU, Nebraska, Miami, Oregon all too high.

Posted: 31 May 2010 03:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3736
Joined  2008-10-29

I’m kind of surprised UNC is that high. Everything you hear bout their offense says it smells. I personally thin the offense will be a lot better this coming season for several reasons. I like seeing ACC teams get some attention, but I think Miami might be a bit high until they show they can consistently win with the talent they’ve garnered.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 31 May 2010 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1087
Joined  2008-12-09

I doubt UNC is ranked that high because of their offense.

Posted: 02 June 2010 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2008-10-29

I agree with Steele’s ranking. So will LSU after Labor Day smile

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 02 June 2010 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  329
Joined  2009-05-29

!!Warning: lot’s of random thoughts about this list!!

#1 - This may be the lowest ranking I have seen for Iowa so far, looks right though. 

#2 - I am shocked more pundits aren’t ranking Bama #1 preseason.  With everybody they return it seems like a natural fit. 

#3 - I am starting to drink the OSU koolaid this year.  The Buckeyes with a more mature Pryor will/can roll to the MNC. 

#4 - TCU lost a bunch of stars on that defense.  I think they have a slighty down year but stay ranked in the top 20.  Sorta like Utah after their big seasons.  The QB Dalton may force me to eat some crow though.

Posted: 02 June 2010 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2009-04-22

OU, Oregon, Auburn, ND, Ark all too high.

VT, Iowa, Texas too low.

I don’t know where this guy pulled this list from.

OU lost a ton of talent to the draft. Their team was centered around Bradford. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a similar year to this year. Auburn at 15? They have a QB that hasn’t played a snap yet and lost their leading RB and a lot on D. ND? Claustrich is gone. nuf said. I’m not buying into Arkansas until mid season. I’d rank them at 25.

VT will have a better team than last year and they were ranked inside the top 10 preseason. Iowa returns a lot and they were good last season. Texas will be a surprise even with their losses. Gilbert could be better than Colt.

Signature 

“There can be no glory without some pain!” - Nick Saban

Posted: 02 June 2010 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1617
Joined  2009-05-21
tider4life - 02 June 2010 05:54 PM

OU, Oregon, Auburn, ND, Ark all too high.

VT, Iowa, Texas too low.

I don’t know where this guy pulled this list from.

OU lost a ton of talent to the draft. Their team was centered around Bradford. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a similar year to this year. Auburn at 15? They have a QB that hasn’t played a snap yet and lost their leading RB and a lot on D. ND? Claustrich is gone. nuf said. I’m not buying into Arkansas until mid season. I’d rank them at 25.

VT will have a better team than last year and they were ranked inside the top 10 preseason. Iowa returns a lot and they were good last season. Texas will be a surprise even with their losses. Gilbert could be better than Colt.

I live by a few simple rules.  One of them is that anyone who ever writes Nuff said, even if they misspell it really has no clue of what they are talking about.  It has never let me down yet.

Signature 

My mind is not for rent,
to any god or government

Posted: 02 June 2010 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2009-04-22

Pretty sure it is a slang term for “enough” and slangs aren’t “spelled right”. Grow up. Btw USC is supposed to find out today what is going on. Any word?

Signature 

“There can be no glory without some pain!” - Nick Saban

Posted: 03 June 2010 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3736
Joined  2008-10-29

I’ve read and heard from multiple sources that Steele has been more accurate than any other preseason polling service. I think that says a lot about what he’s saying. I’ll not pretend to know what’s going on at every school nationwide, but those statistics tell me that this guy kind of knows what he’s doing.

SoPines, I think UNC is going to set record straight vs. LSU. UNC will cover and win outright, no matter what the gametime “spread” is. For some reason I’m feeling really confident about this game. LSU showed no offense in their spring game. While UNC has work to do they did show some promise in spring vs. what may turn out to be one of the topped ranked defenses in college football.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 03 June 2010 04:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2008-12-17

why all the haters? but its all good. we got something coming, you’ll see.

Signature 

WE WILL RALLY! WE ARE THE ‘U’