1 of 2
TCU to the Big East tomorrow?
Posted: 15 August 2010 11:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3004
Joined  2008-10-29

rumors on twitter, big announcement 2:30.  all sports?

if so, whenever they get there, TCU will have the best coach and best or 2nd best talent base to draw from.

logistical travel nightmares though.  If this is true, i gotta feeling the big east isn’t done and will try to get to 12, somehow.

smart for tcu, they put themselves at the very top of the league football wise and now become a bcs player.  so when the next round of expansion to 4 or 5 16 league conferences they have a much better footing to be picked up.

unfortunately they don’t sell out their stadium and travel like crap, so doesn’t really help with future bowl bids.

Signature 

redhot

“There’s really only about three or four films of college defense that I really care about watching any more,” New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams said. “And he (Bud Foster) happens to be one of them.”

Posted: 16 August 2010 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

the other rumor is stadium expansion, which seems more likely on 1 level and stupid on the other ... since they don’t sell out.

i actually hope it’s the 1st one, no way should the tcu’s and boise states of the world need to be big time or close.  haha.

Signature 

redhot

“There’s really only about three or four films of college defense that I really care about watching any more,” New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams said. “And he (Bud Foster) happens to be one of them.”

Posted: 16 August 2010 05:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1033
Joined  2008-10-29

This wouldn’t make sense to me unless it was part of a Big East plan to go “big”... as in to 16.  8 teams back east, 8 teams in the midwest.

I haven’t heard anything about this until this post.  I had to make sure it wasn’t April 1.

Posted: 16 August 2010 05:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5015
Joined  2008-10-29

The Big East needs to do something to fend off the eventual Big Tenelve move to the east.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 16 August 2010 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
fiercey - 16 August 2010 03:03 AM

This wouldn’t make sense to me unless it was part of a Big East plan to go “big”... as in to 16.  8 teams back east, 8 teams in the midwest.

I haven’t heard anything about this until this post.  I had to make sure it wasn’t April 1.

pretty clear that it’s not expansion now but the big east has looked that far west during the almost big12 implosion and i read another where they did at least investigate tcu, houston, memphis out it the middle of the country.

if they are looking into a big east network like they said they were at media days 2 weeks back, then a bigger footprint is the key to more $.

Signature 

redhot

Posted: 16 August 2010 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2397
Joined  2008-10-30
4thNNole - 16 August 2010 02:23 AM

Nothing says the east like west Texas.

Yep. This alleged move makes no sense on many levels.

Signature 

WIN FOREVER

“You are what your record says you are.” Bill Parcells circa 1986

“We’re not the BCS, where the polls and the power ratings and all of that ridiculous stuff matters. This is a legitimate sport.” Stan Van Gundy 2009

Posted: 16 August 2010 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
Marble Rye - 16 August 2010 03:35 PM
4thNNole - 16 August 2010 02:23 AM

Nothing says the east like west Texas.

Yep. This alleged move makes no sense on many levels.

like kansas, kstate, iowa state and baylor going to the big east when the texas 6 were heading to the pac10?  (like that makes sense either.)

Signature 

redhot

Posted: 16 August 2010 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-30

So, you’re assuming that the Texas schools heading to the Pac-10 made sense to me? FAIL.

Some of you people assume WAY too much.

Signature 

WIN FOREVER

“We’re not the BCS, where the polls and the power ratings and all of that ridiculous stuff matters. This is a legitimate sport.” Stan Van Gundy 2009

Posted: 16 August 2010 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
Marble Rye - 16 August 2010 03:58 PM

So, you’re assuming that the Texas schools heading to the Pac-10 made sense to me? FAIL.

Some of you people assume WAY too much.

maybe you shouldn’t assume what i assumed you assumed.

Signature 

redhot

Posted: 16 August 2010 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-30

Okay wiseass, then stop the semantics. And no, for the record I never thought Texas in the Pac-10 made any sense.

Or perhaps you have some obsession with exchanging barbs with Pac-10 fans. Now that’s an assumption.

Signature 

WIN FOREVER

Posted: 17 August 2010 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
Marble Rye - 16 August 2010 07:01 PM

Okay wiseass, then stop the semantics. And no, for the record I never thought Texas in the Pac-10 made any sense.

Or perhaps you have some obsession with exchanging barbs with Pac-10 fans. Now that’s an assumption.

i got no prob with you, however i never assumed you thought the texas 6 to the pac10 was a good geographical fit and do not understand how you could read into to it that i did.

now the other usc guy ... like tbe, he deserves whatever crap rained down on him.

Signature 

redhot

Posted: 17 August 2010 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5562
Joined  2008-10-28
redhot - 16 August 2010 10:55 PM
Marble Rye - 16 August 2010 07:01 PM

i got no prob with you, however i never assumed you thought the texas 6 to the pac10 was a good geographical fit and do not understand how you could read into to it that i did.

now the other usc guy ... like tbe, he deserves whatever crap rained down on him.

Obsessed much? You love u some TBE huh Red…..lol

Signature 

“Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with experience.”

TB12, the most mis-understood poster on Southernpigskin.com

Posted: 17 August 2010 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3733
Joined  2008-10-29
Wreck-N-Havoc - 17 August 2010 05:03 AM

These expansion rumors are getting stupid.

GETTING stupid? smile I think we are beyond getting aren’t we?

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 17 August 2010 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

well it’s stupid money involved if you are in and when the conferences go to 16, even more will be left out.

a lot of jockeying behind the scenes from those potentially left on the cutting room floor to move up.

the big12 and big east can and will do whatever possible to stay solvent and relative for as long as possible.

Signature 

redhot

Posted: 17 August 2010 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3733
Joined  2008-10-29
redhot - 17 August 2010 02:50 PM

well it’s stupid money involved if you are in and when the conferences go to 16.

I’m not arguing that red. I’m saying all these rumors ARE STUPID! It’s time for football can we please just enjoy that for this one last season before the waters rise and change everything?

Signature 

How Bout Them Dawgs!!

Posted: 17 August 2010 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  821
Joined  2009-01-09

Why would TCU go to a basketball conference? Don’t pretend like BE football is better than BE basketball. TCU is better of in the MWC with football being #1 and baskeball #2 (save UNLV, SDSU and New Mexico).

Signature 

“The conduct of Cam Newton’s father and the involved individual is unacceptable and has no place in the SEC or in intercollegiate athletics,” said Mike Slive, Southeastern Conference commissioner. “The actions taken by Auburn University and Mississippi State University make it clear this behavior will not be tolerated.”
RULED ELIGIBLE BY SEC AND NCAA, DOUBLE-STANDARD

2010 Auburn Tigers (14-0)*

1 of 2