1 of 7
Clemson vs Louisville
Posted: 10 September 2017 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11439
Joined  2008-10-29

Just got moved to 8pm.  Crapppppppppppppp.  Gameday will be there also.  Screw you Irma, making FSU vs Miami move.  Oh and FSU is getting 2 open dates basically, will it help them?

Hope their Oline is as bad as I think they are, this game time does not help us.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 10 September 2017 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3633
Joined  2013-01-17

Oh well.  That crowd was going to loud no matter when it plays.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 10 September 2017 05:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

The saving grace is Louisville is giving up 31.5pts per game so far this season, and we haven’t given up a TD this season.  If our offense can take advantage of that it will be huge.  Interested to see if we can shut Jackson down.  We did it last year for about a half, and I feel like we have a better, deeper, and more complete defense this year.  I see us selling out to stop him scrambling and make his inaccuracy beat us in the air.

On paper I think it can be a pretty easy game, but in reality I don’t like their motivation, game time, home game, etc variables.  It’s dangerous.  Good thing is we have opened as underdogs to them.  We’ll see if it changes as the week goes.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 10 September 2017 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Their offense is already pretty effective.  Ours is still a question mark.  I do not expect us to be able to keep them under 24 points so we need to move the ball.  IMO it could be a shootout.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 10 September 2017 10:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2010-06-05
Ancient Orange - 10 September 2017 05:34 PM

Their offense is already pretty effective.  Ours is still a question mark.  I do not expect us to be able to keep them under 24 points so we need to move the ball.  IMO it could be a shootout.

Man… I’ll be honest, I haven’t watched all the games but it’s hard for me to see that Clemson D getting wrapped up in a shootout.

Signature 

Go Noles.

Posted: 10 September 2017 11:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17
eslerman - 10 September 2017 10:41 PM
Ancient Orange - 10 September 2017 05:34 PM

Man… I’ll be honest, I haven’t watched all the games but it’s hard for me to see that Clemson D getting wrapped up in a shootout.

Jackson is hard to plan for since most of what he does is improvised and if he’s scoring it will pressure our offense (or defense) to score.  Bama and Clemson had great defenses in 2015 and the total score was like 85 points.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 13 September 2017 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4827
Joined  2009-09-09
Clemtgrs - 10 September 2017 05:10 PM

The saving grace is Louisville is giving up 31.5pts per game so far this season, and we haven’t given up a TD this season.  If our offense can take advantage of that it will be huge.  Interested to see if we can shut Jackson down.  We did it last year for about a half, and I feel like we have a better, deeper, and more complete defense this year.  I see us selling out to stop him scrambling and make his inaccuracy beat us in the air.

On paper I think it can be a pretty easy game, but in reality I don’t like their motivation, game time, home game, etc variables.  It’s dangerous.  Good thing is we have opened as underdogs to them.  We’ll see if it changes as the week goes.

Louisville is literally a one trick pony with Jackson.  The 2 defenses he faced this year were marginal at best.  Clemson’s defensive is a monster and Venables will be throwing pressure from all over the field…If Clemson can collapse the middle and make Jackson thrown on the run we will do very well.  If he takes 5 sacks this year as he did last year I like our chances a lot.

Clem, you are spot on about points allowed. I have to think our offense will be significantly better than what Louisville has faced and if we can avoid crushing turnovers I think we can puts some serious points on them.

The big intangible is the revenge factor both teams.  I know our team, like most Clemson fans feel that Watson should have won the Heisman and the Cards fans will want revenge on how they lost last year.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 13 September 2017 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7676
Joined  2008-10-29

Funny you guys seem to forget he put 500 yards of offense on you guys last year. He is the best player in football this year again. He may not be an NFL quarterback and he may not have the best team but he is amazing to watch. Glad I got to see him in person. He is a backyard sandlot football player.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 13 September 2017 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3325
Joined  2009-01-07
SoPinesHeel - 13 September 2017 11:58 AM

Funny you guys seem to forget he put 500 yards of offense on you guys last year. He is the best player in football this year again. He may not be an NFL quarterback and he may not have the best team but he is amazing to watch. Glad I got to see him in person. He is a backyard sandlot football player.

He is all of that. He’ll be tough to contain again. He makes big plays out of nothing. UNC got great pressure on him on one play, and he started to run then stopped and launched a bomb as the DB started to come up for the run. He’s just a scary guy to try and stop.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 13 September 2017 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  877
Joined  2011-04-22

Lamar is going to have be on point from the pocket. Clemson can get home with four, so they can keep a spy on him (whether said spy can catch him is another question). He always has had a good arm, but his accuracy has been really good this year. He’s now a great quarterback, not just a great college quarterback.

Fascinating game. Incredibly excited. I’m going to pick Clemson, but it’s like 52%/48%.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 13 September 2017 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
MattSmith - 13 September 2017 12:14 PM

Lamar is going to have be on point from the pocket. Clemson can get home with four, so they can keep a spy on him (whether said spy can catch him is another question). He always has had a good arm, but his accuracy has been really good this year. He’s now a great quarterback, not just a great college quarterback.

Fascinating game. Incredibly excited. I’m going to pick Clemson, but it’s like 52%/48%.

If he can play a great game against this defense I’ll be a believer in his “Greatness”...Right now I see the same September anointment going on that happened last year.Like I said last year, would he have won the Heisman had he started out the first 4 games like he did the last 4?

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 13 September 2017 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Maybe Clemson won’t give them 5 turnovers this year to help them with that 500yds of offense.  Again, without those turnovers last year they would of been run out of Death Valley easily.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 13 September 2017 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Clemtgrs - 13 September 2017 12:39 PM

Maybe Clemson won’t give them 5 turnovers this year to help them with that 500yds of offense.  Again, without those turnovers last year they would of been run out of Death Valley easily.

That’s the game I remember.  Louisville looked like a rag in a dogs mouth at half time and the turnovers we committed made him look like a world-beater.

Jackson also was among the national leaders in sacks last year with around 36 or so,  He is a fine college QB.  I am still holding my reservations for his performance in this game and the rest of the year.

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 13 September 2017 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3325
Joined  2009-01-07
Clemtgrs - 13 September 2017 12:39 PM

That was a big part of the game last year. Hopefully, we won’t make those mistakes.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 13 September 2017 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3853
Joined  2011-02-04

I seem to remember the refs giving the game to Clemson.

Posted: 13 September 2017 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

How so?  Because of the last play where the guy clearly went out of bounds a yard short?

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

1 of 7