1 of 2
Bama vs Ohio St?
Posted: 03 December 2017 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11781
Joined  2008-10-29

Who should get in?  We should find out very soon.

I think it’s beyond obvious Ohio St should be in over Bama.  Conference champion will be the difference mark it down.  Plus Alabama doesn’t have jack CRAP on their resume to warrant a playoff spot, nothing.  They don’t deserve anything but a helping of humble pie at home watching it on TV or whatever Florida bowl they go to.  3rd best SEC team.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 03 December 2017 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5006
Joined  2009-09-09

Ohio State will get in, but I would take Bama…I can’t get past the IOWA Beat down by 30 points…I just can’t.

Also, OSU deserves to be on the other side of how the got into the playoffs last year.

Politics will probably put tOSU is to open up more TV interests

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 03 December 2017 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Here is my rankings:

1.  Clemson
2.  Oklahoma
3.  UGA
4.  Ohio St

Clemson and Oklahoma look like the two best teams to me.  But would love to see UGA upset Oklahoma and meet Clemson for the title.  Can you imagine, Clemson vs UGA in ATLANTA.  Literally neighbors to Atlanta, meeting in Atlanta.  Then the Clemson vs UGA rivalry…..what an atmosphere.

One thing will be sure.  One fan base, Alabama or Ohio St will be SALTY today after the rankings.  Someone is gonna lose.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 03 December 2017 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3885
Joined  2013-01-17

I would prefer to play tOSU.  Both are dangerous teams but Bama likes to play dirty and I don’t want to lose because of injury.  Plus I feel like we compete with tOSU for recruits more often. 

I feel like the committee will put tOSU in due to their much better wins and championship win. 

If OU can stack’s the box against UGA I think we play the sooners in the finals.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 03 December 2017 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17
Clemtgrs - 03 December 2017 12:33 PM

Here is my rankings:

1.  Clemson
2.  Oklahoma
3.  UGA
4.  Ohio St

Clemson and Oklahoma look like the two best teams to me.  But would love to see UGA upset Oklahoma and meet Clemson for the title.  Can you imagine, Clemson vs UGA in ATLANTA.  Literally neighbors to Atlanta, meeting in Atlanta.  Then the Clemson vs UGA rivalry…..what an atmosphere.

One thing will be sure.  One fan base, Alabama or Ohio St will be SALTY today after the rankings.  Someone is gonna lose.

The ticket prices would be outrageous.  Like $3000 a pop.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 03 December 2017 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  896
Joined  2011-04-22

I would take Bama, but it’s a reasonable debate, and both teams have terrible resumes compared to No. 4 teams of the past few years. No sympathy to whoever is left out.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 03 December 2017 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29
Ancient Orange - 03 December 2017 12:37 PM
Clemtgrs - 03 December 2017 12:33 PM

Here is my rankings:

1.  Clemson
2.  Oklahoma
3.  UGA
4.  Ohio St

The ticket prices would be outrageous.  Like $3000 a pop.

For sure, especially considering both fanbases probably won’t be using many hotels…..more to throw on tickets, could end up being the hottest ticket ever for CFB.  That’s a day trip for me.  I plan to be there regardless of opponent if Clemson makes it.

In Tampa I had a VERY brief thought of selling my ticket when I saw a $2200 cash deal for a single ticket happen right in front of my eyes.  Glad I didn’t.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 03 December 2017 12:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Yall think tOSU gets the nod to avoid the playoffs being too regional and the perception that the SEC can be bad, play weak schedules, and still get 2/3 teams in?  I think it does.  They would never fess up to it but it could be the tie breaker for tOSU. 

AP and Coaches poll have Bama 4 by very thin margins.  Those too operate off the eye test and CFP operates off resume.  The blowout losses are hard to swallow but tOSU certainly has much better wins.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 03 December 2017 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Ancient Orange - 03 December 2017 12:55 PM

Yall think tOSU gets the nod to avoid the playoffs being too regional and the perception that the SEC can be bad, play weak schedules, and still get 2/3 teams in?  I think it does.  They would never fess up to it but it could be the tie breaker for tOSU. 

AP and Coaches poll have Bama 4 by very thin margins.  Those too operate off the eye test and CFP operates off resume.  The blowout losses are hard to swallow but tOSU certainly has much better wins.

yes…we will know soon

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 03 December 2017 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Maybe, seeing as how they put Fresno St up there last week to prop up Bama seemed pretty political to me so nothing would surprise me.  I just think that they can’t out weigh that conference title for Ohio St in their own formula.  They can’t hide it and put Bama up because of it.  They’ve shown and said how much that matters.

They seem to value wins more than the losses, especially when the losses come earlier.  Bama lost last week, and seeing as how Auburn just got blown out Bama’s loss took another hit.  Ohio St last lost a month ago.

IMO it would be a crime to put Bama in and if it happens I will 100% believe the political agenda conspiracies.  I’m just glad we decide our own fate and don’t have to backdoor our way in.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 03 December 2017 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Watching the selection show, does it get any better than Clemson?  No wonder we recruit like we do.  We’re the only team actually having a real watch party for the show.  We know where we are going to be, but we are still celebrating it.  Having fun, as a team with their families and coaches with their families.  That is the difference.  Literally no other team having a gathering like we are.  Teams that are trying to take the next step, take notes.  Dabo knows how to do it.  Love this program!  Just such a stark contrast between us and everyone else, and it’s shown on and off the field.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 03 December 2017 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Would be funny for USC to get the spot LOL

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 03 December 2017 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

It’s definitely fun to be the 800 pound Gorilla.  We will start seeing signs that sat “We Want Clemson”...LOL

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 03 December 2017 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17
Clemtgrs - 03 December 2017 01:16 PM

Would be funny for USC to get the spot LOL

That would be HILARIOUS.  The mattress and couch stores in Ohio and Bama would love it.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 03 December 2017 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Official

1.  Clemson
2.  Oklahoma
3.  UGA
4.  Alabama

Gonna be tough, UGA has to go all the way to California and back in one week if they win.  That’s tough travel.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 03 December 2017 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Damn I wanted tOSU.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

1 of 2