Teams to watch for 2018
Posted: 02 January 2018 10:39 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3998
Joined  2011-02-04

Boston College - I’m glad they were patient with Steve Addazio, it really paid off this year and at least the next few years. Their leading, passer, rusher and receiver were freshmen. I could totally see them breaking out next season and finishing with 9 or more wins.

UNC - the injury bug bit them this year and they were pretty competitive in their losses. I figured at the start of the 2017 season they would go through a transition period after so many players departed for the NFL. I think they will be back to business as usual with 8-9 wins and an offense that will routinely hang 30+.

Texas - decent start to Tom Herman’s first year at UT. Expectations ought to be much higher fair or not.

UF - they can do much better than 5 wins. Dan Mullen is a proven winner at a second rate program like MSU, he should not have any problem getting to 8 wins in his first season.

Posted: 02 January 2018 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  467
Joined  2012-01-24

Stanford - A very young and talented team returning.

Posted: 02 January 2018 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  915
Joined  2011-04-22

Agree with Florida and UNC. Texas could improve, but might be more a matter of the top three in the Big 12 coming back to the pack without Mayfield, Rudolph and Hill.

I would add Oregon. They were a dangerous team with Justin Herbert healthy, and keeping Jim Leavitt as DC was huge, regardless of what you think of the Cristobal hire. They also get both Washington and Stanford at home and do not play USC.

Signature 

God Bless Saturday. @MattSmithCFB

Posted: 05 January 2018 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4048
Joined  2013-01-17

Lamar Jackson declares for draft.  We can watch how bad Lou is without him.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 05 January 2018 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-04

I would like to know who they have leaving and coming back. Their defense was not very good, maybe Peter Sirmon can improve on that on his second year. Their skill position guys on offense should do fine. Their O-line has been bad ever since CBP came back, maybe it gets better next season? Jawon Pass will likely be ULs QB next year, Alabama recruited him, he will be in his 3rd year into the program.

Posted: 05 January 2018 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7945
Joined  2008-10-29

Im not so sure Louisville is done. They were winning before him…

I hope you are right on Carolina. Id like to think so. Trubisky alone would have been worth 3-4 wins this year much less all the injured guys so this program can get back to winning.

Not so sure on BC either. I think they are about what the are going to be.

NC State will be interesting to me. I think extending Doeren long term might have been a mistake. He was auto extended a year.

I think FSU will be back big time.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 05 January 2018 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3490
Joined  2009-01-07

I think Louisville will still be competitive but much of their offense was LJ.

I think Florida still needs a couple of years. That offense was horrible.

Florida State should bounce back quickly.

UNC will be much improved. I give them a bye on this year because of all the injuries. That was just ridiculous.

NCSU is a mystery to me but no matter what, they’ll be a thorn in the side of Clemson.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 05 January 2018 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5282
Joined  2009-09-09

I want to see what Arkansas does under Chad Morris. 

Can UCF maintain success under the new coach?

FSU the Gulf Coast Offense..

Texas A&M will be interesting to see..especially since we play them in September…

UCLA under Chip Kelly…

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 05 January 2018 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-02-04

I actually have NCSU dipping next year. They had 2 once a decade players on that team (Chubb and Samuels) and a very good Nyheim Hines that will be gone.

BC won’t have to play ND next season and they will sneak up on a few teams early. Worse case scenario they win 8 games.