6 of 7
ACC Basketball Discussion
Posted: 10 March 2018 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5303
Joined  2009-09-09

UVa’s Defense is smothering.  Clemson came out strong until UVa stiffened up and went on a 16-0 run in the first half that Clemson could never recover.

If a team can score in the high 60’s to low 70’s they have a good chance of beating UVa.  Under 60 pts won’t end well

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 10 March 2018 11:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4082
Joined  2013-01-17

UVA 71 - UNC 63
hell of a season for the Cavs

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 11 March 2018 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3859
Joined  2008-10-29

This has been an interesting season. No dominate team. ACC strong league. As for UNC, they lost 10 games, usually not a sign of a good team. They have gotten better as season goes on. Played better defense in ACC tournament. I actually think that this may be one of the better UNC teams in a year after winning the National Championship under Roy Williams. 2006 season better in my opinion. That team had Hansbrough.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 15 March 2018 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12034
Joined  2008-10-29

I predict Clemson to go home after this next game.  When even is it?

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 15 March 2018 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3490
Joined  2009-01-07

Clemson plays Friday night. I predict they win that one and go down in the second round.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 15 March 2018 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Curggr - 15 March 2018 10:07 AM

Clemson plays Friday night. I predict they win that one and go down in the second round.

I think if they win the first round they will make it to the sweet sixteen.  NMSt can beat Clenson

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 15 March 2018 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7945
Joined  2008-10-29

Such a Debbie Downer

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 15 March 2018 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17
SoPinesHeel - 15 March 2018 11:31 AM

Such a Debbie Downer

Must be going through an Emo phase.  Maybe ex-football player that doesn’t want to recognize another sport?

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 17 March 2018 01:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Clemson controlled 95% of the game, solid win. 

UVA makes history by being the first 1 seed in men’s history to lose to a 16.  What a fail, especially after the ACC has done pretty well.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 17 March 2018 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

Watching UMBC absolutely laying the wood to UVa was a sight to see.  Those kids couldn’t miss and showed zero fear or intimidation.  About halfway through the second half, you could see UVa panicking and folded like a lawn chair.

I wished Clemson would have been in that bracket!

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 18 March 2018 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

@Clemtgrs, How are you doing?  Confused I should think!! Clemson is now headed for the Sweet 16 playing great BB with a 32 point dismantling of Auburn…..All kidding aside, I didn’t see such a one sided game tonight.  Clemson is hot right now and Has a punchers chance against Kansas.

Very surprised to see UNC get beat in the manner they did.

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 18 March 2018 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2013-01-17

Clemson destroyed Auburn tonight!  They had no answer all game.  I was hoping one of those walkons would throw up a long 3 and score their first points of the season.  SEC champion absolutely crushed. 

I was shocked to see UNC get crushed.  I came home from house shopping and they were up big early but just fell apart. 

UMBC is trying to get the second ever win by a 16 seed in the tourney.  Down 1 with 5:26 left in the game.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 19 March 2018 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

I’m doing great actually.  I didn’t watch a second of this game either.  Mainly because I couldn’t get a good stream up.  Good on the team for winning, it’s impressive they’ve reached the sweet 16.  Maybe I’ll tune in to the next game, those of you that are superstitious may freak at the idea, but I’m not so I don’t care.  It’s only harder from here.  I said at the very start to impress me you had to have a good showing in the ACC and win a NCAA game, they’ve won 2.  Good on them.  To get me to fully support brownell it would take him winning in Chapel Hill earlier this year as well.  I’m still no basketball fan by any stretch of the imagination though.

I think it’d be great for the school if they kept this dominance going and made it to the end, or at least the final 4 so we can laugh at the coots thinking they were special.  That’s really what i’d like to see.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 19 March 2018 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Side note for those of you into it….Via Tim Bourret

A win over Auburn today and Clemson will join Oklahoma 2015-16 as only schools to go to College Football Playoff and Sweet 16 of men’s basketball tournament in same academic year. Sooners did Final Four of both in 2015-16.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

Posted: 19 March 2018 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3490
Joined  2009-01-07

I didn’t expect them to shut down Auburn like they did. At the beginning of the tournament, I expected them to lose to Auburn, and then gave them a chance after the first round. They just dominated that game. Obviously Kansas is a tough one - hope they can keep rolling.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

6 of 7