Disney Theme Park Price Hikes On Tickets…
Posted: 12 February 2018 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5073
Joined  2009-09-09

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/02/12/disney-world-and-disneylands-new-ticket-costs-are-stupidly-overpriced-says-twitter.html

My family have been big fans of Disney World for over 20 years but their price gouging is out of control.

Here is an excerpt from the article:

Annual pass prices also rose significantly, with regular, signature, and “Signature Plus” passes going for $729, $999 and $1,149 respectively, up from $619, $849 and $1,049, the L.A. Times added.

Over at Disney World, peak tickets for the Magic Kingdom will now cost $123 and $129 per child or adult, respectively. “Regular” and “value” tickets will also cost more, putting the price of a “regular” ticket at $113 per child and $119 per adult (a $4 increase in both cases), and the price of a “value” ticket at $103 and $109 respectively.

It is insane for a family of 4 to have to pay around 500.00 to simply walk in the gate for a one day pass…

You can get Multiple Day “Park Hopper” passes but the savings is not that great.

Florida Residents get a decent rate but for else they are breaking it off….

I can afford it, but out of principle I am out…

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 12 February 2018 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3922
Joined  2013-01-17

I think I went once as a kid but don’t even remember it.  Those prices are crazy.  Sounds like it’s cheaper to go on a guided fishing trip than go on roller coasters. 

That $500/day for 4 doesn’t pay for a single ride?  I’ll pass.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 12 February 2018 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11804
Joined  2008-10-29

Yeah it’s nutty to pay that really.  Take the family somewhere else IMO, a nice national park tour or somewhere not as commercialized.  Last time I went was when my ex girlfriend was working for them and we got in free.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 12 February 2018 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
Ancient Orange - 12 February 2018 02:50 PM

I think I went once as a kid but don’t even remember it.  Those prices are crazy.  Sounds like it’s cheaper to go on a guided fishing trip than go on roller coasters. 

That $500/day for 4 doesn’t pay for a single ride?  I’ll pass.

The rides are included at that price, but this is Disney and the more popular rides can have waits well over an hour.

If If you want to eat in the Park or buy some souvenirs those aren’t cheap.

It really is too bad because DW is a really fun place.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 14 February 2018 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7807
Joined  2008-10-29

I think we need price controls

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 14 February 2018 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 14 February 2018 03:40 PM

I think we need price controls

As Conservative as I am, I could almost make an exception for Disney…LOL

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 14 February 2018 03:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7807
Joined  2008-10-29

I was half being sarcastic and half serious. A week of tickets for me is 1500 bucks. Holy crap.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 14 February 2018 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 14 February 2018 03:55 PM

I was half being sarcastic and half serious. A week of tickets for me is 1500 bucks. Holy crap.

I know!  It’s vulgar what the prices are…but Universal and the other parks are breaking if off into everyone as well…

I would almost call it discriminatory as I have frequently accused Disney of being somewhat discriminatory in their pricing practices…There don’t want an element of low-income, low educated people in their parks IMO

Signature 

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H