Hunter Johnson transferring
Posted: 21 May 2018 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11836
Joined  2008-10-29

We thought this may happen.  Was hoping he’d be one to stick around.  I thought he was neck and neck in the spring with the others.  His transfer tells me a lot.  Lawrence must be the real deal.  It’s either Bryant at 1 and Lawrence at 2 solidly or Lawrence at 1 and Bryant at 2 solidly.

Hate to see Johnson go.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 21 May 2018 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3471
Joined  2009-01-07

I hate to see him go, but I’m not too surprised and really don’t blame him. I hope he’s successful wherever he goes. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens and QB this year.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 21 May 2018 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  799
Joined  2009-07-04

Inevitable since our coaches didn’t really give him a true shot last season to showcase his skills. He is a highly skilled QB and will be very successful wherever he goes. Most say Purdue but I hope The Chad gets him!

Posted: 21 May 2018 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3956
Joined  2013-01-17

I think it means that TL has officially passed him.  Being 2nd string to KB would still give HJ a chance to start for 2 years but losing to TL would force him out. 

I genuinely think he’s a good QB and will be an instant starter wherever he lands next.  I wish him the best.  Only ever heard good things about him.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 22 May 2018 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5180
Joined  2009-09-09

Everyone pretty much saw this one coming.  I think the game that really showed that HJ was not developing as well as hoped was the Syracuse game last year when Kelly Bryant should not have played that game but did any way and we lost because the 2 QB’s we had backing him up were apparently not ready.  When they finally did play they didn’t impress…Some will say that was due to not working with the first team but in retrospect, they obviously were never good enough to really compete with Kelly Bryant for the starting job.

I hope the kid lands at a place where he gets a chance to shine.

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H