Josh Belk Release from Clemson
Posted: 23 May 2018 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5180
Joined  2009-09-09

There is something really fishy about this kid…He lawyers up and gets an unconditional relase from Dabo under the guise of “family issues” and allegedly to be closer to home which would make USCjr the likely place when suddenly Tennessee and UGa and I heard even Auburn

This smells like a Robert Nkemdiche saga all over….

All I can say is we don’t need a kid/family like that that wants to play games..

I wouldn’t have given him an unconditional release…

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 23 May 2018 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11836
Joined  2008-10-29

Yup!  Really fishy.  A nice story quickly turning sour.  Good riddance.  Couldn’t hack it with the big boys?

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 23 May 2018 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3471
Joined  2009-01-07

They alluded to the illness of his mother and that circumstances had changed. The changed circumstances may have been the return of Christian Wilkins.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 23 May 2018 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3956
Joined  2013-01-17

Even that is dumb.  He would still be in GREAT position to start next year. 

Oh well.  I’ve heard rumors of tampering by the coot.  If they got one DL but got probation at the same time I would be fine with it.  It would be worth the extra fire we’ll get out of Dabo.  Next time we’re in position to run up the score he might not be as forgiving as he was in the 56-7 game.  And yes he was merciful in that game.

Signature 

2016 National Champs

Posted: 03 June 2018 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1028
Joined  2010-09-06

I’m thinking he’s got dirt on Dabo / CU. Why else would Dabo give him a full release to go to his rival. Also note he lawyered up.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells

Posted: 03 June 2018 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5180
Joined  2009-09-09
legalfee - 03 June 2018 09:00 AM

I’m thinking he’s got dirt on Dabo / CU. Why else would Dabo give him a full release to go to his rival. Also note he lawyered up.

Out of the mouths of coots…..LOL…

I’m thinking Clemson is at a point right now that it is recruiting nationally and if a guy like Belk can’t compete like every other people that want to play for this program then leave…A Clemson scholarship is a Golden Ticket for the most elite athletes in the nation and Belk’s will be filled…Same thing with Hunter Johnson.  Dabo gave this 5-star an unconditional release as well.  When he saw that he was probably third on the depth chart he realized he playing time at Clemson was going to be limited at best.

If the coots take Belk, which seems to be likely, that is more of a reflection on the state of that program to take a guy with that kind of baggage.  Enjoy

Signature 

“I’ve trained myself not to laugh or smile. I watched a hundred hours of the Three Stooges; every time I felt like smiling or laughing, I jabbed myself in the stomach with a cattle prod.”

—Col. Flagg From M*A*S*H

Posted: 04 June 2018 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3956
Joined  2013-01-17

I thought the release had more to do with his mom.  If he had dirt he could have just spilled it and (been kicked off the team?) and welcomed to Columbia. 

Kid has obvious character issues using his moms health as a way to open up his recruitment again.  I wouldn’t care if he went straight to Columbia but to entertain the Vols and Dawgs shows how low he was willing to go.  Not a good look.

Signature 

2016 National Champs