1 of 3
Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Time on SCOTUS may be winding down
Posted: 07 January 2019 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5921
Joined  2009-09-09

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6565437/Ginsburg-missing-Supreme-Court-arguments-1st-time.html#comments

It’s no surprise her health has been failing for sometime, and when the elderly start developing more serious health problems they rarely get better.

RBG has arguably been the most liberal justice for sometime and It’s also evident she’s been trying to hold on until the next Presidential election in hopes of a Democrat allowing her to retire with another like-minded replacement.

It’s looking pretty unlikely she can hold out 2 more years and with the Senate still in the GOP hands it looks like Trump make get another pick on the Supreme Court and this one would be pretty huge essentially setting up a 6-3 /5-4 court that would impact law in this nation for a generation at least.

All I can say is heaven help who ever get’s selected to replace RBG because the Cavanaugh selection process will look like a folk dance compared to what is going to happen to the next nominee.

It the next 2 years weren’t already going to be a raucous event.  Add selecting another associate justice to the list of events and it’s going to be one hell of a ride.

Signature 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Posted: 08 January 2019 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8350
Joined  2008-10-29

Lol, you think this dumbo in charge is gonna have any political capital left to push someone unpopular through?
He is currently working hard to squander it on this nonsensical shutdown and his rubber stamp wall in the senate is collapsing.

I told you he would destroy your party. I am gonna so enjoy this impending self immolation. Maybe Mexico will pay for the fire extinguisher.

But hey you got Kavanaugh and Gorsuch and torched every other institution we had as a result. You must be proud. Fortunately the adults are starting to take back over.

Signature 

“Looks like the upper hand is on the other foot!”
- President Tug Benson, Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)

Posted: 08 January 2019 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3969
Joined  2008-10-29

That would be something if Trump gets to pick 3 SCOTUS judges. It would set agenda for a long time. Seeing as how the public is so divided it could lead to more protests and such. Society devolving before our eyes. Civil discourse is becoming a thing of the past. New US house already presented bill to dissolve electoral college. It will go nowhere, but is good insight into dems mindset

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 08 January 2019 11:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Society is not devolving…the Republican Party is devolving into a cult of personality of a demogoge followed by a bunch of rabid chanters who don’t even understand the stupidity of their chants. This too shall pass.

The majority of Americans know better. They knew better in the last election too. Since we have an electoral college that does not do it’s job (to stop a demagogue, dictator or king from ever being elected) why have it? Get rid of it. It is outdated.

Anyhow,
The good guys will win in the end. Don’t worry. It’s just how much damage is done in the process by this overgrown infant that misuses the authority of his office. What an embarrassment.

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2019 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 08 January 2019 11:36 PM

Society is not devolving…the Republican Party is devolving into a cult of personality of a demogoge followed by a bunch of rabid chanters who don’t even understand the stupidity of their chants. This too shall pass.

The majority of Americans know better. They knew better in the last election too. Since we have an electoral college that does not do it’s job (to stop a demagogue, dictator or king from ever being elected) why have it? Get rid of it. It is outdated.

Anyhow,
The good guys will win in the end. Don’t worry. It’s just how much damage is done in the process by this overgrown infant that misuses the authority of his office. What an embarrassment.

First, one of my New Years resolution is to really try to dial down the contentiousness of our discussions.  While we have significant differences in some political areas, my guess is we are a lot closer on most issues but both get “triggered” pretty easy and sometimes allows that to spill over in our conversations. 

I do agree that the majority of Americans will deal with this at the polls which is how it should be. I don’t disagree with the GOP being a mess, but this is the alternative and I feel this is worse:

We aren’t going to agree on the electoral college.  I think it protects Americans from a knee jerk mob rules election and also gives all of the states a true voice rather than about 3-5 most populated states calling the shots.  You won’t change and I won’t change.

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2019 08:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Nope, sorry…you don’t get to claim you are dialing it down and then post that. The fat blowhard conman that you voted for has manufactured a non existent crisis because talk radio told him to and now he is backed into a corner. Funding the government passed the senate 100-0 until this infant did a 180 and he was dumb enough to pronounce he would be glad to own it. The best thing is he has bullied people his whole life and now Nancy Pelosi of all people, every Republican’s favorite boogeywoman is beating the shit out of him.

You voted for someone who will tell lies from the Oval Office like they are going out of style and is making our country a laughingstock You don’t get to act high and mighty. In fact I will never understand why you all are so willing to let us know what scumbags you are. We all knew he was.

Oh and you know what is the dumbest thing about all this? HOMELAND SECURITY isn’t funded!!! The very same department charged with border security. He isn’t paying the Border Patrol. Remember when facts and responsible leadership mattered to you idiots? I don’t.

But please get another Supreme Court Justice so you can overturn Roe V Wade. I dare you to. Watching you dumbasses work is like watching a dog chase a car.

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2019 09:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 10 January 2019 08:37 AM

Nope, sorry…you don’t get to claim you are dialing it down and then post that. The fat blowhard conman that you voted for has manufactured a non existent crisis because talk radio told him to and now he is backed into a corner. Funding the government passed the senate 100-0 until this infant did a 180 and he was dumb enough to pronounce he would be glad to own it. The best thing is he has bullied people his whole life and now Nancy Pelosi of all people, every Republican’s favorite boogeywoman is beating the shit out of him.

You voted for someone who will tell lies from the Oval Office like they are going out of style and is making our country a laughingstock You don’t get to act high and mighty. In fact I will never understand why you all are so willing to let us know what scumbags you are. We all knew he was.

Oh and you know what is the dumbest thing about all this? HOMELAND SECURITY isn’t funded!!! The very same department charged with border security. He isn’t paying the Border Patrol. Remember when facts and responsible leadership mattered to you idiots? I don’t.

But please get another Supreme Court Justice so you can overturn Roe V Wade. I dare you to. Watching you dumbasses work is like watching a dog chase a car.

I was referring to personal exchanges…

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2019 09:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Either way, You already blew your New Years resolution first week.

BTW illegal immigration is at a 20 year low and most illegals come through airports and overstay their visa. What a crisis.

Just wait til the TSA starts walking off the job. The flying public will revolt when lines become 8 hours long.
I just love it when bullies get the shit kicked out of them. Don’t you? Oh that’s right. You voted for the bully. I guess not.

You can go back to cheering for Ginsburg to die now. I think it is because you are “pro-life”.

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2019 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 10 January 2019 09:24 AM

Either way, You already blew your New Years resolution first week.

BTW illegal immigration is at a 20 year low and most illegals come through airports and overstay their visa. What a crisis.

Just wait til the TSA starts walking off the job. The flying public will revolt when lines become 8 hours long.
I just love it when bullies get the shit kicked out of them. Don’t you? Oh that’s right. You voted for the bully. I guess not.

You can go back to cheering for Ginsburg to die now. I think it is because you are “pro-life”.

LOL..I’ve really missed you…

Anyway, I have a problem with this shut down.  Trump could have done this when he had GOP control in both houses and I think he is picking a fight with Schumer and Pelosi for political theater.  While I have zero love for Pelosi and Schumer, I can think of many other issue he could have picked a fight over that didn’t put honest working American’s out of work and pay….I didn’t like it when this when down in the Clinton era and I don’t like it now.

I don’t like RBG.  I don’t hope she dies, but it is what it is.  It doesn’t take a genius to see she’s probably running out of steam quickly.

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2019 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

You vote for stupid people, you get stupid things. Since your whole party is devolving into the state of the movie idiocracy, I have no idea why you are surprised.

Republicans shut down government. Democrats don’t. This is on you all and you own it and you are gonna choke on it because your party is getting exposed for the lies and all the cheating y’all have tolerated for the sake of power. This is just the beginning. Oh sure you will still have Alabama and other shitholes where you still rule, but brown people and women are coming and no amount of scapegoating by Trump and the rest of your POS team filled with televangelists and neoNazis that you cling to will change that.

If only y’all could have known better…or even admit how wrong you were and are.

Of course that would take some kind or moral code. I wish there was some guide to that.

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2019 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09

As we say in the South:  Bless Your Heart.

If we only had a better alternative to Hilary….That’s the real tragedy.  Death By Hemlock or Cyanide?

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2019 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

No thanks, I don’t need anything from you. Every time you want to try to come on here and spew your crap I’m gonna kick your teeth in. This is Trump’s America right? This is how your team treats people so payback is a bitch. Enjoy reaping what you have sewn.

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2019 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 10 January 2019 12:45 PM

No thanks, I don’t need anything from you. Every time you want to try to come on here and spew your crap I’m gonna kick your teeth in. This is Trump’s America right? This is how your team treats people so payback is a bitch. Enjoy reaping what you have sewn.

You are so adorable when you get triggered…You really are

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2019 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-29

Nah, not triggered at all. Just enjoying watching you expose yourself for the fraud you are. Again I will never understand why you all were so willing to tell us all yourselves. I mean we knew it already but damn…

I do enjoy the Republican Party self immolating though. Worth the price of admission. Just wait til partisan gerrymandering gets overturned. Then the floodgates will open.

I just wish there was some book that you could read to learn about what is right and wrong…something that had been around a while.
I also wish Dumbo had read his own book. He’d be better at this game if he had. Fortunately a San Francisco woman is gonna teach him how the game is played.

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2019 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-09
SoPinesHeel - 10 January 2019 12:53 PM

Nah, not triggered at all. Just enjoying watching you expose yourself for the fraud you are. Again I will never understand why you all were so willing to tell us all yourselves. I mean we knew it already but damn…

I do enjoy the Republican Party self immolating though. Worth the price of admission. Just wait til partisan gerrymandering gets overturned. Then the floodgates will open.

I just wish there was some book that you could read to learn about what is right and wrong…something that had been around a while.
I also wish Dumbo had read his own book. He’d be better at this game if he had. Fortunately a San Francisco woman is gonna teach him how the game is played.

I don’t need to rehash what I have told you over and over. Trump getting two picks on the Supreme Court has validated my choices.  If he get 1-2 more then it is just gravy.  As for Gerrymandering, you know both parties do this when they are in power so what ever SCOTUS decides will be fine.

The GOP needs to collapse on itself.  The GOP and the Democrats running Washington are 2 heads of the same snake.  SCOTUS is a lifetime appointment and we have a Conservative leaning court and if RBG can’t continue it will end up with a lot of 6-3 decisions and that will pretty much require both parties to try the novel approach of legislating rather than running to the courts every time something doesn’t go your way. 

You and your fellow liberals keep obsessing over Trump…It’s pretty entertaining.

Signature 

Posted: 10 January 2019 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3641
Joined  2009-01-07

“This bill, first and foremost, secures our borders by adding 700 miles of fencing, doubles the number of border patrol agents by 20,000, and makes sure that dangerous criminals who entered this country illegally are deported first.” (Press Release, “Manchin Announces Support For Immigration Legislation That Secures Our Borders,” Senator Joe Manchin , 6/27/13)

“ ‘The bill before us will certainly do some good,’ Obama said on the Senate floor in October 2006. He praised the legislation, saying it would provide ‘better fences and better security along our borders’ and would ‘help stem some of the tide of illegal immigration in this country.’”

“‘I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in,’ Clinton said at November 2015 town hall in New Hampshire, ‘and I do think that you have to control your borders.’”

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

1 of 3