2 of 2
2019 Fiesta Bowl: Clemson Vs Ohio State
Posted: 29 December 2019 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6720
Joined  2009-09-09

Ohio State fans (and some in the media) are crying about the play calling.  They are incredibly salty from this loss…

Here’s the bottom line..

tOSU fans are hanging this game on 2 calls:  The Ross non-catch fumble recovery for TD that was overturned and the targeting…

Let’s set aside how much defensive holding the Buckeyes were getting away with..

4 Red Zones with no TD’s

That stupid Roughing the punter..

Maybe the worse was going 3 and out at the end of the second Qtr allowing Clemson to run a 2 minute drill and put them back in the game.

Ohio State could have put this game out of reach had they scored TD’s in the Red Zone..

Clemson made the best adjustments and that was the difference

Signature 

Tomorrow morning…...get our people down to the docks.

I want every man and woman coming off the boats…...given hot soup and bread. We’re burying a lot of votes here tonight.

William “Boss” Tweed: Gangs of New York

Posted: 29 December 2019 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12826
Joined  2008-10-29

Yup, the red zone trips without TDs is what they really should be harping on.  The penalties are a bail out for that fact.  Our defense tightened down when it had to, their’s broke.  They have no case.  It shouldn’t come down to a penalty call for your fate.  Their WR also ran the wrong route at the end as well, could of had a chance.  And let’s not pretend they had plenty of opportunity to put us out of reach in the first half.

Signature 

2()17 CHAMPS

If you’re happy with good enough, then good enough is what you’ll be. Greatness requires the expectation of excellence.

Posted: 30 December 2019 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4012
Joined  2009-01-07

That was a great game. Clemson took a solid punch in the face and got up and fought back to win. It wasn’t pretty but it was a gutsy win. I agree it was a rough game. Those guys will be healing some bruises after that one.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

2 of 2