What’s going on at UGA?
Posted: 09 January 2020 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6796
Joined  2009-09-09

First, they have a 5-star RB de-commit a few days ago and now Jake Fromm declares for the NFL draft.  This is a big hit for UGA.  Really big.  Is it karma for the handling of Justin Fields?

Signature 

Edgar Friendly

Because I like to think, I like to read. I’m into freedom of speech, the freedom of choice. I’m the kind of guy who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - “Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of BBQ ribs with the side order of gravy fries?” I want high cholesterol.

Posted: 09 January 2020 03:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4047
Joined  2009-01-07

They just lost an OL to the transfer portal. His sounds like he really just want to be at UT. Fromm didn’t have a great year this year, but I’m not sure he likes his prospects for one next year either with the loss of much of their OL. My guess is he evaluated the QB classes along with that and made a call.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 11 January 2020 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4127
Joined  2008-10-29

Wake Forest’s QB just grad transferred there. Looks like they did not have a a QB they thought could be ready.

Signature 

A great wife, two wonderful girls, and an ever improving golf game. Gray hairs not withstanding!

Posted: 13 January 2020 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4047
Joined  2009-01-07

That’ll be interesting to see how turns out. I think he’s a good QB - good opportunity for him.

Signature 

“I won’t support any sport where you sit on your ass and go backwards.”

Coach Frank Howard when asked to support a rowing team at Clemson

Posted: 14 January 2020 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1042
Joined  2010-09-06

UGA also released Zachary Evans from his LOI. Guy sounded like bad news. Got sent home from his high school championship because he would not give up his cell phone to his coach.

And Cade Mays decomitted after his father lost his pinky at a UGA event and is suing the school.

Signature 

“you are what your record says you are” Bill Parcells