2 of 2
Clemson fans…who’s the next HC?
Posted: 31 October 2008 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3004
Joined  2008-10-29

many alums want that to happen but how much longer will frank coach?  he is in his early 60’s while that seems old, joepapa and dadgumit laugh at that.

my guess, if he got the opportunity to be a hc at good school he would take it.  he won’t be heading to bowling green or some low level bcs program, has to be a solid gig.

Signature 

redhot

“There’s really only about three or four films of college defense that I really care about watching any more,” New Orleans Saints Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams said. “And he (Bud Foster) happens to be one of them.”

Posted: 31 October 2008 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  164
Joined  2008-10-30

Clemson needs a lift…rough times in Clemson but they will rebound.

Signature 

The answer is simple for FSU…run the damn football, tackle on defense, stop turning over the ball and dont let Ponder beat us

Posted: 31 October 2008 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4886
Joined  2008-10-29

I think some of you misread me earlier. I said I think Clemson IS a bigger football job. I just dont think Davis would leave for the money yall could pay him. I think he would have to be offered 3.5 to 4 mil to leave. A 100%pay raise is hard to turn down. All this crap about loyalty is naive. Would you be loyal to your company if its rival offered you that kind of pay raise?

I think he has a good thing going and a good situation in Chapel Hill but coaches are egomaniacs and the idea of competing at the highest level where you can be Alpha Dog is always out there.

Davis is Co-Alpha Dog in Chapel Hill at best. You know it, I know it, he knows it.

Signature 

Ted Striker: “My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We’re bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We’re coming in from the north, below their radar.”
Elaine Dickinson: “When will you be back?”
Ted Striker: “I can’t tell you that. It’s classified.”
- Airplane! (1980)

Posted: 31 October 2008 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1070
Joined  2008-10-29

My guess would be Muschamp as well…

Posted: 31 October 2008 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  151
Joined  2008-10-29

Didn’t mean to get everyone riled up, just saying that Davis was on my “dream list”...Not trying to take your coach, SoPines, I just think he’d be a great fit at Clemson.

2 of 2